Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Chit Chat

It's so dark in the morning now that I am definitely not getting up as early. That doesn't mean I'm sleeping a lot more. My sleep seems to go in cycles where I seem to sleep all the time and nights where I keep waking up and don't seem to get much sleep at all. Last night was one of the latter nights. I must have laid wrong too as my back was really hurting me today. Grrr. 

I did manage to get up at a reasonable time and was out at first light taking a walk. It was still busy at my walking place. Where did all those people come from? I used to enjoy being one of the very few there. I would nod and say hello to a couple of regulars. Now there seems to be a lot more people. I met up with my walking friend and we walked for a while. There was a lot of dog poo on the path we had been taking so we took a different one. We saw quite a few birds that must have been stopping over on their way south. It's definitely getting colder now so they should be moving soon!

I ran a couple of errands after my walk and then came home, did my jobs and managed to do a little crafts. I pulled out some Christmas (yikes!) items and at least got started on a couple of base cards. My back was hurting too much to sit in my craft chair for long so I ended up in my comfy chair and pulled out the cross stitch that I've been procrastinating about. I should have (planned) to get it finished a while ago but never did. It should be finished within the next couple of days. I pulled out my planner again as I seem to get more done when I write down a list of things I want to do. There is something about seeing things written down that motivates me get them done. 

I was reading Jacky's Blog about motivation and she got me thinking about what helps motivate me and keeps me on track. Hence the pulling out my planner and writing some lists!  A little bit of an advert here - I love her blog. She has a great Motivational Monday post as well as other posts that really get me thinking. We are about the same age and I can really relate with her. I really need to write lists. I stopped in the shops today and came out without one of the things I really needed - a new hairbrush as I broke the one I usually use and I'm pretty sure I left the other at daughter's. I had to resort to using a bit from the clippers husband has (LOL) to brush my hair. 

Photo today - have to include one - another chipmunk photo. I really am going to miss these when they do finally stop coming to visit. 





3 comments:

  1. That's rotten about the back. I hope it feels better very quickly.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that photo of the chipmunk! Look at it sticking its little tongue out at the peanut! Its one cheek is already bulging and it wants to get this peanut in too?! Too funny!

    As for finding ways to motivate ourselves, I find that lists are good and posting them on the blog helps to keep me accountable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of the chipmunk too. We were on "vacation" last week, so I'm playing catch up with blogs today. We did some day trips here in WI. Also, I spent Fri. - Sun. morning at at my daughter and son-in-laws house. I had a nice visit. Thanks for the kind words about my blog. I feel the same of you. I'm off to a fasting dr. appointment for cholesterol check then the dentist. I know you dislike the dentist. Our hygenist of over 30 years isn't there anymore, so now I have to "train" in some new girl with how to handle my sensitive teeth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.