Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Saturday

Not a bad day today. It was really quite chilly (freezing) when we went out for our morning adventure. We went to the bird sanctuary. It's a nice a little walk and husband likes feeding the ducks and swans corn (purchased at the sanctuary). It was a bright morning so we wanted to make the most of it. Tomorrow will be back to cloudy.

I Skyped with Mum when I got back. She seemed okay today. Some days she doesn't sound too lively at all. I think this is wearing on her. She did get to go out for a little while yesterday - down to Felixstowe with oldest sister and her husband (he was on holiday this week and drives). She says the day ended early when the rain absolutely fell down and they got drenched on the way back to the car. It seems to help when she can go out. She hasn't been going into town as often as she used to and she doesn't go to church or choir anymore. I am thankful that the cases in her area are quite low though.

This afternoon I went up in my craft room for a little while and then came down and did some stitching. The last few bits of the cross stitch seem to be dragging on. Perhaps it's because I just want to be done with it at this point. I pulled out some more designs to look through. I want to pick a couple - they are small, free designs that I collected. I was thinking small holiday designs as I might make cards with them - something a little different. 

Photo today - a recent visitor to my garden. An Opossum which I (as husband calls them this) generally just call a Possum. Three quick facts about Possums

1. They are  the only marsupials in America. 

2. They eat a lot of ticks so they are quite good to have in the garden.

3. They rarely have rabies. 




5 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to take the opportunity of a bright morning to visit the bird sanctuary. I suppose your mother feels a bit low to be stuck at home, all the time. I'm glad she was able to go for an outing with your sister, even if the rain meant having to cut it short.

    That's a great photo of the possum! The one that comes to eat the cat food in my backyard doesn't look half so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to have a bigger one come visit. This one looks quite small so we are wondering if it is a youngster. I hope it survives the winter but perhaps knowing where there is food (bird seed) on the ground might help

      Delete
  2. It looks like a tumble dried rat. Is it actually cuter than it looks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. No, it's not a lot cuter. It does look a little like a giant rat but it does have nice big ears and a cute little pink nose.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen a possum that cute here! I was just at my daughter's and we were in her barn by her sheep and her little terrier dog was going crazy by the hay. Something hissed...her husband said he saw a possum earlier...we didn't wait to see what it was...ahahha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.