Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2020

What a Stunning Sunrise!

Yesterday I decided to get up early-ish and head across the town to a lake where I can actually see the sunrise. There is just something about standing there in the quiet peacefulness just before dawn that takes my breath away. I wasn't the only one there. I was the only one who stayed for the before, the sun rising and the aftermath. A few people drifted in and out. Some barely stepped out of their cars to snap a photo before heading off. One couple - who were there when I arrived and spoke to me - said they were stopping by on their way to work. The woman said she hurried her husband out the door just so they could catch the sunrise. 

The colours were just stunning. This was taken with my phone, no editing, just straight out of the phone. These were the deepest of the colours - the sun rose with a variety of colours, everything from purple to red, to golden yellow. What a wonderful way to start the day!



9 comments:

  1. Those colours are beautiful. I am up early on Friday morning, 4am, and it's still dark. Can't see the sun yet in the cloudy sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has to be one of the most beautiful sunrise photos I have ever seen.
    Simply gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is gorgeous isn't it. One of the benefits of being an early riser is that I often get to see the sky ablaze. It's a wonderful start to the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a good view from my house and this is the only place I know of to go to see a good one. It certainly is easier to see the sunrise in the Autumn/Winter

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.