Pages

Friday, October 16, 2020

Book Buying Fail and Snow Already?

Well, (hanging my head in shame) I bought two books this week. It has been a long while since I bought any books - new or used - so I won't be too hard on myself! One is a new release by an author I enjoy reading and the other was from the dollar shop. I am going to get back to sorting more out and I do have several out ready to read next. I am almost at my goal for the year. I had planned on reading at least 100 books. I am at 93. 

Snow? Already? Not me. It was pretty frosty here in Michigan this morning, but no snow where we are yet. My daughter in Minnesota had her first snowfall this morning. Brrr. I am not ready for that. The wind is blowing here and I'm pretty sure it won't be long until all the lovely colourful leaves fall. I am not looking forward to it. Autumn is the last burst of colour here - nature in all its glory - and then we are on to the grey, dull days of winter. I would like the leaves to hang on for a little longer as there are still places I'd like to go to photograph.


This was taken on my walk this morning with my phone. It's definitely looking a lot like Autumn!

What are you up to for the weekend? I'm hoping to get out tomorrow and photograph somewhere nearby. The weather doesn't look too bad - there will be a frost again in the morning but it's supposed to be dry. Sunday doesn't look so good weather-wise. I'll also Skype Mum again tomorrow. Other than that I may spend the afternoon in my craft room. I am in the mood to do some Autumn paper creations. 

Thanks for reading and for commenting! I really do appreciate it. 

10 comments:

  1. I'm making beef roast, mashed potatoes, some kind of veggie and apple something and taking it to my mother in laws for supper on Sunday. She is home bound and I'm afraid if we don't go now, we have an uptake in Covid ... sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! That's nice of you to do that for MIL. I feel for my in-laws. Luckily they have one another. My Mum is finding it a little difficult to be alone and in the house so much. We (my sisters and I) try to make sure she at least has someone to chat to almost every day. I think/hope that makes all the difference.

      Delete
  2. It's very autumnal now round here too. Brr - snow. Not great. I hope it holds off from your area for a while to come.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your autumn colors are beautiful! I hope you get to enjoy it for a bit longer. As for buying two books - that's totally fine, especially since you gave away so many!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the weather holds and you are able to get out and about with your camera. The photo today is a delight, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the colours stick around a while longer!

      Delete
  5. We're not getting frosts yet in the South West UK but it is definitely looking autumnal. Your photo is beautiful and makes me wish I lived closed to a lake.

    Two books isn't too bad, and you have been very good lately. Just (mentally) pick yourself up, and get back to the decluttering. Don't let one hiccup be the reason for giving up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely not giving up. I feel lighter with each bit that I declutter. Now that the colder weather is coming I shall probably be reading more so I might be slowing down on getting rid of the books by reading and decluttering as I go along. I want to keep the books brought into the house down to a minimum. I like the space!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.