Pages

Friday, October 23, 2020

Friday/Some Crafty Bits

The weeks just seem to be rolling on by and I seem to keep plodding along with them. The colours have been lovely around here but I'm a little reluctant to see them go because I know what's coming next - grey and dull all around. I'm already trying to think up ways to keep busy and not think too much. I shouldn't have to worry about keeping busy - I have tons of crafts to do, lots to read and loads of photography techniques I could learn, but it's all about getting motivated. Once I start a project I (mostly) enjoy it. It's the getting started that I have trouble with. 

I did finally take a bag of books up to my old work friend at the local store. We used to go out to lunch every couple of months, but that hasn't happened for a long time! She took some time off at the beginning of the pandemic but has been working since. She says sometimes it's not nice working in the shop. She works customer service and has to listen to people complain about wearing masks, or something not being available or wearing their masks wrong. She says it has got worse. People that used to be friendly are really rude sometimes. I feel for her. If not for the people working in the shops the shortages would have been a lot worse! Please, whatever your feeling on the virus, be nice to those that work in the shops. They don't make the rules. Products not being available isn't their fault. Prices aren't their fault. 

Enough of that.

I have done a bit of dithering in the craft room.  I put together some Christmas decoupage toppers - which have yet to be made into cards. I think these are really cool.


I also got a couple of bases cut out - several for Christmas cards and one for a birthday card. These bases will be pop-up cards. 


And yes, another mini-album. I can't stop making these as I really like doing them. If I'm not feeling creative they are a good go-to just to feel as though something creative is being accomplished. 





I have been working on my cross stitch too. I'm in the last stitches of it. I can't wait for it to be done! 

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You might not be super motivated, but, you are still getting a lot done! Love all your cards and the mini album. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same about the workers, not their fault, they are just doing their job. I love the mushroom paper. Those all turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.