Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Poor Possum

I'm sad to say that the possum I posted in a previous post got caught by a hawk. I went outside to put some more birdseed out and the hawk flew away from the garden. When I looked where it had been the possum was dead. Poor thing. I did enjoy seeing it in the garden eating what the birds had left over. I suppose it is part of nature.

I walked out at the lake today. It was cloudy and chilly. When I got up the weather forecast said it wasn't going to rain but by the time I was done with the walk it was drizzling. That turned into a rain that lasted most of the day! I did do some crafting and a bit of reading. It was the sort of day that makes me feel a little blah. I know that more of these days are coming so I am going to have to come up with a plan going forward. It's going to be a long winter otherwise!

I did tick one thing off my list for this week. I did a deep sort/clean of the fridge. For those that know American fridges are very big. Condiments tend to get lost on the shelves. I am happy to say that I got it all sorted and am quite pleased with how it looks. It is one job I've been meaning to get done and have put off. I think next on the list will be the food cupboards. I'd like to get things organised as I have the feeling that shopping trips are going to be few and far between - by choice more than anything. 

Tomorrow I shall walk in the morning and chat with mum. I have to remember to ring her an hour later as English clocks have changed but ours haven't yet. The clocks here change this weekend so next week will be back to 'normal' - five hours difference. 

Photo Today - I have been participating in a 366 challenge. At the beginning of the year I chose a theme - Phone Photos Things That Make Me Smile. I am SO pleased that I am sticking with it and we have passed 300 days!!!!  Today is Day 301. This is the photo from today. Me. Smiling. Wearing my mask. 







8 comments:

  1. Yes, poor possum, the hawk needs to eat too I guess. I had a hawk take and drop from high in he air my favorite cat. I chased it all the way to the field, but once Josie was dropped she was dead. I was able to bury her tho. Yay! You made it to day 300 - good job! Our refrigerators are bigger? I didn't know that. When I've traveled I never paid any attention. Have a good day. Our forcast is for a warm up. yay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Poor cat. The hawks have been around our neighbourhood quite a lot.

      Yes, refrigerators are smaller, but they are getting bigger in England. When I was growing up we had a really small fridge but that's all we needed as we tended to shop at the local shops and not a huge supermarket shop.

      Delete
  2. Your eyes show you are smiling.Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes show you are smiling.Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the poor possum! Unless it was just "playing possum" (pretending to be dead). I like your mask and you smile with your eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The circle of life is not all as cheerful as the Disney song.would.make.It out to be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.