Pages

Monday, February 14, 2022

Catch-up - Weekend Away

 I had a much-needed weekend away. We went up to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It was really, really cold - our high temperatures were barely above 0f/-18C but it was sunny and we had a great time! I did do three sunrises, two sunsets with temperatures that froze my hands and feet and face (at that time it was -5F/-21C). We got to see some ice that made me just keep saying oh wow. I hope to share photos later. I just wanted to check in before I go catch up on some blogs.  BTW I was thinking how my adventures would have made Mum laugh or shudder at the temperatures and our antics. 

This is me in an ice cave that we found. I am standing in what is Lake Michigan. It was completely frozen here. 


And husband standing in front of an ice pile in Lake Michigan. I could not believe this when I saw it!

Now it's back to normal life lol


8 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! It looks so beautiful! Cold, but, lovely! So glad you were able to get away for the weekend and it sounds like you had a great time! Hope you've thawed out and didn't get any frostbite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that ice is incredible. It's all so bright and clean. It's grey and damp here.... as usual in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ice is amazing. I've only seen things like that in photos but it must be amazing to experience it for real. I'm not sure how I'd cope with the cold though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! A few years back we did the ice caves on Lake Superior which don't happen every year, it needs to be really cold. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I can't wait to see the pics - your pics are always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one talented lady with the photography.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.