Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Bits and Bobs and Things That Make Me Smile!

Thanks for all the good wishes. There have been a few queasy moments over the past couple of days, but nothing like Friday and they pass fairly quickly if I don't overdo things.  Oldest son said he had a few queasy moments this morning too. I don't think I said in my previous post, but he woke up feeling sick on Wednesday night, but was okay on Thursday for work. Maybe it's something we caught? Neither one of us is having any other symptoms. 

We went to visit middle son yesterday - me, husband and oldest son. There was an ice festival in the town where he lives. It had previously been postponed due to bad weather. That made me laugh. An ice fest postponed because of ice/snow lol. It was fun. We got something to eat at a locally run place and looked around the festival. I took a few photos with my phone. 











 
It was really fun to watch. It's quite physical work sculpting the ice. They use chainsaws and such. It was cold out, but they were all bundled up well and sweating by the time they finished carving!

We dropped son off back to his apartment and then ventured up the shoreline to take in a sunrise at the lighthouse. It's been on my winter bucket list and sunset is still early enough that nobody has to stay up too late for it (takes about another 40 mins to get home).  Was really beautiful. Absolutely freezing, but lovely to see. 

I have some catching up to do with my Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile

56/365 


Before I got sick on Friday I was watching the sunrise through the trees. There isn't much of a view from my back garden, but I did get to see some colour. It was about the only thing that made me smile on Friday lol. 

57/365 (Saturday)


Sunset on Saturday night. Not the greatest photo but it made me smile because oldest son was with me and actually walked out on the pier with me! It was extremely cold. I told him he could go back to the car where (sensible) husband was watching, but he insisted that he didn't want me alone on the pier. Not that I was alone for long - there was suddenly an influx of people. But it was nice. 

58/365


Today. Another cold, but lovely sunny day. I actually didn't take a lot of phone photos today. I was trying to capture the last of the ice with my big camera and I was trying not to take my glove off any more than I had to! I have gloves that are supposed to be able to work the phone, but more often than not they don't lol.  The waves were really pounding the lighthouse house at the end. It was early when we went and peaceful. 

When we got home I just relaxed as a few more queasy moments. Hoping tomorrow will be fine as we are back to Jane's!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!



6 comments:

  1. As always, I'm loving the photos. Hopefully, the improvement will continue and you'll be 100% by the time you go to Jane's.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for those photos as an ice festival is something we are never going to see in Suffolk! ( unless something very weird happens to the climate!) Hope you feel better today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ice sculptures are breath taking and I bet they're even more incredible in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ice sculptures are remarkable. The sculptors must be incredibly talented. I hope you had a great time. I love the sunset. I think that it's my favourite time of day. I hope that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some years ago we watched a TV series showing an ice sculpting competition. It was fascinating and some of the sculptures were so intricate. I really admire the people who have the imagination and the strength (it's not the easiest of activities!) to do this. Glad you had the opportunity to see the sculptures in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those ice sculptures are lovely! That was so nice of your eldest son to accompany you on the pier. :) Hopefully, you don't feel queasy, again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.