Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Saturday Adventure

 Well, today didn't quite turn out how I planned. We had decided we were going to take a drive down to Warren Dunes State Park and see how the ice was building up along the shore there. Usually there are really lovely views of ice there in winter. We got almost to where our son lives (which is about 20 miles from the park) and it started to snow. Big, fat flakes of snow. It was pretty but not to drive in. The road was quite covered, so we decided not to go. I checked the weather radar on my phone, and it looked as though as snowstorm was just sitting over that area! We got off the motorway and took a really snow- covered road up the shoreline to where it looked like things were clear. I did get out there - same place as last week lol - took some photos and the sun promptly came out. 

As today was the first Saturday of the month I participated in the A Year with my Camera #1Day12pics. You are supposed to take one photo per hour on your day. Usually, I try to do a theme or a portrait of my day, not necessarily one an hour. Today I took my macro lens and my Lego photographer out on our journey and then took some more macro photos when I came home. Here's my twelve. 

The big photo on the bottom is a close-up of these absolutely tiny little figures (you can see them in my hand in another photo) and I had them working on a chocolate Hero Creme Egg Twisted. Thought that was fun. 

Hope everyone had a good day! I had a lot of fun. 

36/365 Phone Photo - Things That Make Me Smile 

It had to be a phone photo of my Lego set-up outside. Made me smile to take these photos today - it was fun!

6 comments:

  1. I love your photos with the little figures. I did some once using the tiny seated models from a train set kit, except I had them seated on staples ... like you say, it's good fun. Did you eat the rest of the Creme Egg when you'd finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Lego figure photographs. What fun it must be to compose and shoot them. Your creativity is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great fun - I love the crème egg one. Thanks for starting my Sunday with a big smile!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos with the Lego people, especially the one with them breaking down the big chocolate mountain! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pics are amazing, I always look forward to seeing your pics.

    I think you did the right thing turning back. It sounds like significant snow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.