Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Saturday

 It was a blowy and snowy morning when I woke. It wasn't a good day to go out. Well, we went anyway. We had to drop something off for son. We did stop at the lighthouse, but it was so terribly windy and snowy and there was something like ice pelting us. We took a quick peek, and I took a video and we got back in the car. I think husband was quite exasperated on the way home as the going was really slow. There were times when you couldn't see very far in front of yourself. 

Of course, when we got home things cleared up a little bit. Not a lot though. Husband and son had plans for the afternoon, so I had a quiet few hours. I had a nice long bath, read for a bit and then tried some still life photography. It is not something I am very good at.  I'm not actually sure it's my 'thing', but I would at least like to know how to do it. I dragged everything out, set up the tripod and gave it a go. 

50/365 Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile

Well, sometimes it made me more frustrated than smiley but it kept me busy! This was my set-up. Nothing flashy. I just used some white cardboard, a small table and some flowers I treated myself to this morning. Well, if nothing else the flowers made me smile lol

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Woah! That looks like a serious bit of kit! Nice one.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camera is good, the rest of it I'm not really sure what I'm doing lol

      Delete
  2. Glad you made it home OK with such awful weather conditions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love a little photo tutorial if ever you have the time to do one. Just simple things like using the white card and where to position it. I know absolutely nothing about photography and would be interested in learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I work it out I'll let you know lol. It's something I'm not good at. I don't know if I'm doing it right.

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure that still life is 'my thing' either but I would dearly love it to be so will keep plodding on! Were you pleased with any of your images or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out okay. I was trying to work with apertures and getting all the still life in focus. I am not good at lighting and such. That's something I really need to work on. I might try some more tomorrow as it is due to rain all day.

      Delete
  5. Well, your "thing" is birds, nature and wildlife photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what I'm learning. I like all nature photography. People and still life, not so much lol

      Delete
  6. It sounds like your weather was crazy. That set up looks incredibly professional to me. It's wonderful the things that make you smile. That is one of the things that keep surprising me as I try to keep up to that. The flowers look lovely and bright - just what you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I chose looking for things to make me smile. The project makes me look for at least one thing that makes me smile each day!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.