Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2022

 Thanks for all the lovely comments on the last post. I really appreciate them. 

Wednesday saw us back at Jane's again. It is draining to keep doing and by the end of the night I forget to do my blog post until I was already in bed and, frankly, I couldn't be bothered to get back out again lol. 

We are coming along with Jane's house, but it is a lot of work. We are working down in the basement and have done quite a bit of it. Next week we hope to contact a couple of different estate sale organisers and go from there. There are things that we will have to remove from the house (that either MIL or husband/myself want) before having a sale. From there we will find out what the next steps are. 

I went for a walk yesterday morning but the trails at my regular walk are so very icy that even with the ice things on my boats it was slow going and slippery. It was snowing too when I went out. I was the only one walking. It was lovely and quiet. Not much wildlife around though I did see a couple of chipmunks. They tend to live in burrows in the ground and now that the snow is melting (and laying again) they are starting to come out. I managed to get a few photos of one in the snow. Poor thing. I bet it was wishing it had stayed in the burrow!



Today I went for a walk somewhere else. The sun was shining but - all change - it's cold again. The trails at this place were actually pretty clear of ice and snow. I think it's because some of the trails are usually cleared and it's a wide-open space that the sun gets on. It was really quiet there too. I had a nice walk - all bundled up. 

This afternoon I watched a Zoom talk for my online camera club. The guest speaker was Jonathan Chritchley who does black and white photography. He spilled the beans that this will be our project next month. The talk was really inspiring, and I have lots of ideas bouncing around in my head. 

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 54/365


My snowy walk on Wednesday. I didn't like the ice, but I loved the peacefulness of the woods. It cleared my mind a little. 

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 55/365


There's sunshine in the woods! Nothing growing yet, but I did hear my first Red-Winged Blackbird today. What a treat! That means there is an end to the long winter and spring is on its way. We are getting more snow tonight so that might just be wishful thinking on my part lol


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! Sounds like you are making progress on Jane's house. ai can imagine how tiring it must be. Hope you have a great day, tomorrow, and a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and white photo's are quite hauntingly beautiful and can really capture a feeling of cold can't they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is very definitely on the way - hopefully the expected snow is slight and goes speedily.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wishful thinking on my part as well! Yes, cleaning out an estate is a job. People often say, "you must have a fun job?" Well, it is, but it's work too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for getting to this stage with Jane's home. From your initial descriptions of the scale of the problem to reaching the stage where you are nearly ready to consider an estate sale just shows how hard you and your MiL have been working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to have such peaceful surrounding for your walks...even though a tad too slippery. Glad you have the camera club giving you inspiration. Such a treat to get the creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what you share from the new project. Sending hugs. Sorting out the house will not last for ever. While it is still there, though, it must be incredibly draining.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.