Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Tuesday - what a long day!

Thanks for all the comments yesterday. I think, especially with Jane's house, at some point you have to laugh or you'll end up crying. 

Today - not so great day. Seventh months since Mum died. There's still such a hole in my heart. I wonder if there will ever come a time when the memories make me smile rather than cry. Seems like everyone is moving on and forgetting and I just can't. 

It was raining today. No walk. I couldn't bring myself to go out in it. The snow is melting and it's a mess. I decided instead to run some errands that I've been putting off. The rest of the day was spent doing some photography, cleaning and I did manage to sort out a couple of storage cubes. Days like this make me realise how much I need my walk. It's a time to just connect with nature and not think about things for a while and it makes the day go a lot quicker!

Tomorrow I'll hopefully get out for a walk before heading over to Jane's. 

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 53/365


Not such a smiley day, but trying to take still life photos of this flower made me smile (again). 

For those interested I put a small table next to a window (the window was on the right) and to the left and back of the table I set up black cardboard. As the table was quite low I didn't use my tripod, but I did set my camera on another table on a stack of books. I put the camera on timer. My settings were iso 100 and I experimented between F8 and F11 as I wanted all the petals in focus. I have better results when the background is dark, but if I have to expose to white the results aren't so good.  I think next I'm going to try with my ring light or off camera flash.  I might also try pulling out some of my scrapbook paper and using it as a background instead of trying for all white or all black. 

When I next do it, I'll try to remember to take photos of my actual set-up. It isn't anything fancy. 

9 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) Sharon. 7 months isn't all that long. It takes time and some of us take longer to stop feeling that acute sense of loss. I know I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven months isn't long for grieving - it takes a while for things not to hurt so much.

    Hope you get out today for some healing in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending hugs. There is always a gap, though it gets easier. Everyone deals with it differently, and there are no quick fixes or set timescales.

    I am going to have to follow your example and start getting the regular walks. I haven't been out for a few days and I'm feeling it. I am also fascinated by your photography. It's just a way of looking at the world, and you see how light and attention make a difference. It's awesome. More hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great photograph, you have an eye for beauty. I too am hopeful that memories of my dear Dad will make me smile but I suppose its early days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I'll refer to this when I have a practise. Thanks.

    And ((((hugs))))
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm interested and have learnt something new from you. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grief is a solo journey. As individual and unique as you. Everyone deals with it in their own way. No timeline. No map. May you find comfort along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, I'd like to see your set up. I like your flower photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a nice picture. Grief takes time...a lifetime....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.