Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Sort of Productive Day

 I am going to chalk this day up as a sort-of productive day. I must admit to getting a little distracted - by a good book, and then by photography, but I did manage to get most of what I wanted to do done. 

The morning didn't start off too well. Husband hit a deer on the way to work and seriously damaged the front end of his van. Thankfully he was okay. Sadly, the poor deer was not. Husband goes to work really early in the morning when it is still dark and works out in a small town in the countryside. There was no avoiding the deer as it just ran out in front of him. The plus side is that we don't have to pay for repairs as it is a work van. He has a different van for now. 

I went for a walk. It was surprisingly (and for the first time in a while!) above freezing while I was out walking. The bad thing is that the snow is melting and everything is becoming really slippery. It's raining now and will probably change over to freezing rain and then snow tomorrow. I imagine things are going to be a right old mess. I have plans to stay indoors tomorrow. It is really slippery in our driveway and garden. Yuck. 

I did all my household chores, picked up a couple of things at the shops (that the other shop didn't have yesterday). I avoided the bookshop (go me!). I worked on sorting through some photos. I posted, and have scheduled several posts, on my photography blog for my year-long project. I feel as though I may be catching up!

I am really pleased with some of the photos I took over the weekend. They look as if they are taken in some other world. I love the mounds and fluffy snow rather like whipped cream. This one was taken just before sunset. 



On another note, I did actually do a little bit of crafting today too! It's been a while. So, today, my phone photo - Things That Makes Me Smile is a photo of my crafting work in progress. 

47/365

7 comments:

  1. You are right about the snow photo - could be a scene from a sci-fi film of another planet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tire of seeing your snow pictures. It always looks like a winter wonderland. Shame about the deer but hope your hubby wasn't too shaken up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all was well with your hubby. Another beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your husband is okay after his run in with the deer.

    It sounds like you had a very productive day with housework, shopping, crafting and photo editing. I love your snowy landscape photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the other-wordly snow photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bookshops are high gravity areas. They pull you in. Well done on avoiding it. I love the pic of the snowscape, and the craft one is also pretty awesome. I really understand the lack of enthusiasm for the weather. I would be in bits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it was a nicely balanced day between relaxing and getting housework done! Lovely photo of the snowy landscape!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.