Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Monday and Tuesday

Not a bad start to the week. The weather has been glorious. I've been going out for my morning walks. It's been so nice not to have to be all bundled up. I didn't go anywhere for the eclipse yesterday. In fact, I wasn't even going to watch it, but the weather was so gorgeous I ended up sitting in the garden birdwatching and glancing up at the sun once in a while (through glasses). I hadn't thought to get any glasses - that's how much I wasn't going to watch it - but MIL said she had some extra, so I decided to grab a couple pairs just in case. When husband came home from work, he sat in the garden with me and watched. I'm glad I didn't go anywhere else for it though. I'm not a fan of crowds or people so it was nice just to be in the garden - food, drinks and loo close at hand ha ha. 

Today I spend far too long at the park. It was so beautiful I got distracted. It's supposed to rain both Thursday and Friday, so I'll make up for house time then. 

I did get things done though - I managed to sort out another 16 books. So I have already surpassed my goal for the month. I am going to keep going though as I want to get rid of as many as I can especially since I seem to be on a roll! I also got started sorting through my clothes. I managed to gather a box for donation, and several got thrown away. I still have the hanging clothes to sort, but I'm quite pleased with what I've accomplished. 

Tomorrow I finally have a haircut! I haven't had my hair cut since before I went to daughter's. I have a fringe/bangs that desperately need to be cut. It's really bothering me as I have to keep swiping my hair out of my face to be able to half see anything. Oh, one pair of my glasses have come in so I will be picking them up too. Between the glasses and the haircut I'll finally be able to see again. 

99/366



Made me smile. Husband looking at the eclipse. 

100/366



Beautiful sunrise. 


12 comments:

  1. Lots about your eclipse on TV here - not quite as good as real life but interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really wasn't like you see on tv. It took two hours lol.

      Delete
  2. It's so lovely when the sun appears after a long absence.
    The world seemed to go mad about the eclipse - well, the USA, anyway. I know they don't happen with any great regularity, but the anticipation was a bit over-enthusiastic (says this stuffy old Brit!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny to watch. If I'd have gone anywhere else I think I would have liked to take photos of people watching and taking photos of the eclipse lol. It took over two hours! I can't imagine standing around just staring up at it for that long.

      Delete
  3. Home is a good place in which to watch an eclipse, away from crowds and close to the amenities! :) Look at you go with all that decluttering! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so glad I stayed home.
      I do feel as though I'm making a bit of progress!

      Delete
  4. Did you get to see the eclipse. Well done on the destashing. Isn't it liberating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling rather good about the books. There are still a lot more to go, but they are leaving the house! I did get to watch. It took forever, but it was so nice outside I didn't mind sitting in the garden that long.

      Delete
  5. That's the way to watch an eclipse!
    I remember seeing one while on holiday and I was so unprepared, I did the colander and paper thing and saw the shadows! Not quite the same. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to my MIL. I would have been unprepared otherwise lol

      Delete
  6. It's been nice here, though with some needed rain. It's good to just wear a lighter jacket again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the weather holds for my visit. I'd love to take my granddaughter out for a walk.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.