Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Plodding Along

I had posted the other day the video of the Sandhill Crane and had mentioned what a loud, distinctive noise they made. While I was out walking at my local spot the other day there were three of them who had landed on the opposite side of the small lake. I thought I'd share so you can listen how loud they get. 

I've also sorted through some of my photos from the day and this is a close-up of the Sandhill Crane



Here's the noise video



So, what have I been up to? 

I did sort out some more of my craft room. There still seems lots of moving things about BUT I have a got some space on my desk!!! Hopefully next week I'll at least finish up with that and be able to do some crafting. I must make sure that I don't pile things on it that need to be sorted!

I have been out walking. It's been cold and mostly cloudy and there certainly doesn't seem to be a lot of Spring around, but I know it's coming. As I walk along I catch glimpses of buds on the bushes and trees, the geese on their nests and hear the mating calls of the birds around me. If only the weather would catch up!

I've been finding Things That Make Me Smile. 

94/366



There wasn't a sunrise yesterday, but just for a moment, the clouds parted and there was a hint of blue skies and sun before it all clouded over again!

95/366



This little muskrat made me smile. He climbed right up where I had seen the beaver the day before and started ripping off strips of bark to eat. 

Something else that made me smile - daughter sent me photos of the baby. She's getting so big! I can't wait to see her again. Definitely something to look forward to. 

How's your week going? Plans for the weekend? 


6 comments:

  1. The sand crane is a very handsome bird and I love the chuckling call, loud though it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do make a really fun sound. You definitely know when they are around!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the close up of the sandhill crane and the video of their calling! They do make quite a noise, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the white lilac bush on the walking path is loaded with buds. It blooms earlier than purple on another stretch. Bulb flowers are starting to emerge. We need rain to get the remaining snow gone plus clean the debris, followed by sun to get things to start greening up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I'm enjoying seeing the beginnings of spring. It makes me smile. I hope the snow goes soon! Sometimes, if it's been a harsh winter the piles of snow seem to stay around even when things really warm up lol

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.