Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Slow and Steady

It's not been a bad week. I've been making lists and checking things off. I have added another...ta da...30 books to the donate pile! I have another 2 boxes of items ready to go to the charity shop. I've absolutely smashed the book donation total I wanted to meet this month. It feels good though there are still many more to go. I'm finding it a little easier to let go of them. The craft room is still a mess, but I'm slowly sorting through things and letting go of some of them. I wish I found this a little easier! I am trying to keep focus on what I want the house to look like and just keep chipping away at bits until it might, someday, get that way!

I've been getting out for walks each morning. It's been warmer this week, so it's been lovely to get out. Some storms came through this afternoon, but that was well after I'd got the outdoors things done for the day. We're heading to daughter's for a week-long visit on Friday so I'm trying to get a few things finished up before we leave. It will be nice to have a little break from the house stuff and hopefully I'll come back full of energy and raring to go! 

Tomorrow, I have to go pick up some snacks for the road trip, fill up the car so we can leave early on Friday, do some washing and pack. I'm also messaging with my sister tomorrow instead of Friday. I want to go check on my glasses. They haven't come in yet. Husband got his second pair yesterday and, when he asked, they said mine were in and I would be getting a text today. I heard nothing. I tried ringing them but they didn't answer so I left a message. When I ordered them I was told it would be 7-10 business days. It's been well over that now. Sigh. 

Things That Make Me Smile - all outside ones. The weather has been glorious. The sunrise yesterday was lovely and today it was the clouds that made me smile 

106/366



107/366




108/366



Back tomorrow. 

6 comments:

  1. You're well on track with it all - good for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see things leave the house. Soon it will be onto some harder decisions. We'll see how that goes!

      Delete
  2. You are doing so well with your decluttering.
    It's so nice that the weather has improved. I hope it will be just as good at your daughter's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased with how it's going. Hopefully when I get back it can carry on.
      Weather doesn't look too bad at the beginning of the week. The temps are a bit cooler than ours. Looking forward to baby cuddles

      Delete
  3. Wow! Well done with decluttering the books! I hope your glasses come in before too long. Have a safe trip to visit your daughter and Baby A! Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.