Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Ramblings and April Goals

I can't believe it's April already! Today (2nd) Baby A turns 3 months old! Can you believe it? Where has the time gone? She is growing so big! We are going to visit at the end of the month for a week and I can't wait to see her again and give her a big hug. I will be having lots of Nana time lol. 

Yesterday, April 1st, was bright and sunny. I walked with my friend. It was really quite nice and wonderful to hear the birds singing their hearts out. 

Phone Photo - Things That Make Me Smile 92/366




Today was totally different! I thought that I wasn't going to be able to take a walk as the forecast was for rain all day long, but when I woke up it had changed. It was dull and drizzly (at least for a while) but I managed to get a walk in. I was glad to as I saw a few beavers and a pair of coots (they only visit here in Spring). It wasn't a long walk as I had made a list of things to do with the thought that it was going to rain. 

Day 93/366




Made me smile to see a goose on top of the beaver lodge when I first arrived. I hope they don't try to make a nest there lol. 

I did manage to check off most things on my list. Meal planning and shopping is done. I got regular household things done, a couple of extras and worked on my craft room a little bit. There is some space on the table now. My next plan is to sort through everything else on the desk. 

I also worked on a list of goals for April. I'm hoping I'll make a good start on them. We are going to daughter's to visit at the end of the month so it will be a shorter month at home. 

These are the extras I want to work on this month : -

* declutter 30 books

* sort clothes - it's coming up to (hopefully) time to put away the winter things. I want to sort through and donate what I haven't worn this winter AND sort through things I don't think I'll want to wear this summer. 

* Clean up the garden. There's some bits and pieces that need to be cleaned up. I've been putting it off. 

* More magazine reading and decluttering. I've got rid of a lot, there are still more to go!

* Read at least 5 books

* Start a new cross stitch project. I keep meaning to. I keep putting it off. 

* Work on the downstairs bookshelves

* Wipe down the kitchen walls. 

Photography Projects

* Continue with my 366 Things That Make Me Smile project

* Do my #1day12pics project. I have to pick a theme

* Some creative photography. 

I'll have to do some time management to get all these done. I struggle with that, as I'm sure I've mentioned before lol. Some of this may continue on into next month. 

I'm going to add some budget things 

* Continue to meal plan. Look up some more frugal meal ideas to help the budget!

* Don't buy any more craft items! I'm going to allow myself to spend a little when I get to daughter's on craft items ONLY IF I work on some projects before I go. 

* Don't bring any new/used books into the house. Really struggle with this. 

* Continue to list on Ebay to maybe make a little money. I do have to make sure that, after a time, if things don't sell they get donated. I don't want the things to stay in the house. 

Phew. I think that's enough for now. Do you have goals for April? 

9 comments:

  1. I hope your end of April trip is the beautiful Minnesota spring and not the remnants of more winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I missed the snow that they got. Hopefully it will all be gone by the time we get there and the wildlife drive at the nature refuge will be open!

      Delete
  2. You have a really busy and productive month ahead of you. It sounds great. So lovely to have a trip to Baby A and family planned too. Is she really that old - where is the time going? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see her again. She looks like she's getting so big!

      Delete
  3. Do you think April will be long enough to accomplish everything you have listed? It wouldn't for me, but then I'm known for falling at the first hurdle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure it will be long enough or that I'll get it done lol. I'm such a procrastinator. But hopefully making a list will help me get something accomplished

      Delete
  4. That's quite a list of goals. I could do with making a list. Perhaps once I'm over this virus I'll feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 3 months birthday to Baby A! I know you'll have a great visit when you go up to see her at the end of the month!
    The photo of the goose on top of the beaver lodge made me smile! Condo living in the animal world! :D
    You certainly got a lot done on Tuesday! And you have some great goals for April! I am behind with posting my goals for the month! Need to do that, soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.