Pages

Monday, April 1, 2024

Weekend Catch-up

Wow, April already!

Catch-up from the weekend. Saturday was rainy. I didn't go out for a walk. We both had eye appointments, so got those done. My prescription had changed quite a bit but other than that all was okay. We both ordered new glasses. I'll actually be able to see again! I also 'treated' myself to a pair of prescription sunglasses. They will be nice to wear when I'm out walking. 

Sunday morning, Easter, we got up early and decided to take the (long) drive to Kensington Metro Park. It is such a cool place. We paid for a year pass which gets us into any metro park. This park is over 4500 acres. It has a golf course, swimming beaches, shooting range, disc golf, farm shop, trails (biking, walking, biking running). We usually go to the nature centre and do the walks around that area. There are no dogs allowed and no running or biking allowed. It's a great place to see birds and watch nature. The walk takes you around a large pond and through woods. It isn't a difficult walk, and we always see a variety of birds. If you hold out your hand with bird seed some birds will land on you. My husband really likes feeding the birds. 



The Heron Rookery (my day 91/366). I always love seeing the herons build their nests. It's so interesting how they fly off, collect a stick and then take it back to the nest passing it over to the other heron. 








There were two Ospreys on the nest when we first arrived. We went past on our way out and only one was there. They were mating earlier in the day, so maybe there will be babies!

There are also quite a few Sandhill Cranes wondering around. There are signs not to feed them as they are wild animals, but people do and they eat seed left on the ground, so they are not afraid of people at all. 



Tomorrow, I'm going to post goals for April. We'll see how well I do on them lol. 

One more photo, my 90/366. 



Having an eye appointment made me smile as I desperately need new glasses!

I hope everyone had a good Easter. 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you got your eyes checked and new glasses! I, too, need to make an appointment to have my eyes checked for new glasses!
    Sounds like you had a lovely outing on Sunday! I enjoyed watching the video of the sandhill crane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to the new glasses! I think they will really help. It's a lovely place to take a walk. The cranes are really amazing to see that close up

      Delete
  2. I'll be interested to see your goals. Got my first pair of prescription sunglasses this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first pair! I'm hoping that if I write the goals down it will give me incentive to achieve them.

      Delete
  3. The sand crane is beautiful and so big! It looks a lovely place to walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really big birds and have a really loud, distinctive call. It's a great place to walk. Always lots to see.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.