Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Normal Service to Resume

We're back from Minnesota. It was rather sad to leave Baby A. She is getting so big. She is cooing and ahing and yesterday she learned to fake cough. Daughter has had a cough the last week or so and Baby A has picked up on it, mimicking a false cough. It is so obviously fake, and she smiles afterwards. She really is delightful. She is copying sticking out tongues and such. She loves trying to sit up though she isn't quite strong enough to do it by herself right now. 

Tomorrow, I have lots of catching up to do, lots of washing to do and then it's back to making lists for the coming weeks ahead. I really enjoyed my time away and it really makes me want to work towards husband retiring so we can do more of this kind of thing. Lots to think about and plans to make. 

I wanted to share this fun video. I drove quite a lot to the Wildlife Drive at the local Refuge. Basically, it's just a huge area of green space. There is a seven mile drive where you can wander along (drive, walk or bike) to look at the local wildlife. There are other areas with trails and such. Anyway, as I was going along the drive I came across a Cockerel! It was there several days. Not sure where it came from. It always seemed to be in the same spot. 



Back tomorrow. I'll be (hopefully) catching up with blogs. 

6 comments:

  1. He's a handsome boy, proclaiming his territory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so! It was a delight to see him.

      Delete
  2. That was a very assertive cockerel! I wonder if he had hens around that he was claiming or watching over nests?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. I hope he survives. There are a lot of predators around there!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! Baby A sounds absolutely adorable! That rooster is funny! Maybe he's trying become part of the local wildlife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bet he is. Perhaps he just wanted to be admired lol

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.