Pages

Monday, April 29, 2024

Monday Monday - a bit of this and that

Not as much got done today as I hoped. I did get up and go for a walk. The weather was forecasting rain all day, but luckily it held off until after we had got done. I did go and do a little food shop. I haven't meal planned. I didn't want to do it when we got back last night so I wanted to pick up enough for a couple of meals. The rest will be whatever we have on hand. I plan on doing a somewhat meal plan tomorrow. I did a couple of loads of wash but need to do some more. We didn't do any while we were at daughter's house. It was just easier to wait until we got back. I still have some bits to put away. I brought back the rest of what I'd left at daughter's and a few other bits. They have to be found a new home tomorrow, so that's on the list. 

I ended up dyeing my hair today. It has been a LONG time since I had done it. I thought about letting it go grey, but it's a horribly steaky colour, that looks horrible. I didn't like it. I did it myself and I really like it. I took a photograph of the packet, so I remember the colour. Usually, I end up going too dark and it doesn't look right. I have dark hair naturally, but it also gets a lot lighter in the sun. I went a bit lighter, and it blended lovely. I think it looks really natural. 

Also tomorrow, I need to drop off my camera in the mail. Sigh. Unfortunately, while I was away, the bit where one of the straps attach broke. Luckily, I did not drop the camera so nothing else was damaged. There was an issue with this part on this particular camera, but I thought (not a smart move!) that because I hadn't got my camera right away mine wouldn't be affected. I checked and apparently my model of camera is on the recall list. I have registered it and have a prepaid mailing label to attach to get it repaired. I'm hoping it doesn't take long! I didn't get rid of the last one I had so I'm using that. I am realising now that I have been spoiled. My mirrorless camera (the one that needs to be repaired) is really silent as it takes photos, the old one (not mirrorless) sounds really loud in comparison!

Today was Baby A's first day of daycare. Daughter goes back to work next week - how time has flown! - and she wanted to get her started a bit early, so they get into a routine. Apparently, Baby A got a bit teary-eyed when they first entered as it was quite loud. She did settle, took lots of naps, drank her milk and was tired out when daughter picked her up! The daycare sent daughter lots of updates which she sent me, lol.

I have been taking all my Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile daily project, but a lot of them last week were of Baby A, so I shall be starting up again from today. 

120/366



Back to my walk. It made me smile to see how green everything has got in one week away!

4 comments:

  1. I've given in to the grey!
    Isn't it nice when green takes over the landscape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to watch everything springing!

      Delete
  2. I hope that you get your camera back soon. At least you got a label for it!

    I'm sure that your hair looks lovely and I love the idea of taking a pic to remember the dye. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I miss it already lol. I'm really pleased with the hair. When I do find a dye I like I usually forget which one it is so this time I'm trying to be prepared!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.