Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Lost track of days again. Can't believe it's already Tuesday. 

Been in a bit of a funk. It's my son's birthday today but also one year since Mum's funeral. Just feeling a bit off so haven't posted. 

I have been going out for my walks. They help. Just being able to appreciate nature and all its beauty makes my mood a little better. 

Tomorrow the plan is to go for a walk, come home and at least go up in the craft room. The nights have been a little cooler and it isn't so stifling upstairs. I did go up there the other day and look through a few things. It seems a little overwhelming, but I know that I have to start somewhere. It's certainly not going to sort itself lol. I've got a little bit of other sorting done, not as much as I hoped, but I'm slowly hacking away at it. Instead of doing more of that I have been catching up on photo editing. I feel a little more organised with those at least! I guess that's something lol. 

I must say I've been enjoying watching the Blue Jays in the garden too. There are a lot of babies around right now. They have finally found their voices and spend a lot of time squawking and scaring away a lot of the other garden visitors - I find that Blue Jays are the neighbourhood warning system when hawks are around, but the babies don't seem to quite know that or they just want to scare everything away from the feeders! 

Here's a couple of photos. I really like taking their photos!







Do you watch the birds in your garden? Which ones are your favourites to watch?

I probably spend too much time watching mine!

Things That Make Me Smile Day 226 (Sunday)



We went to Grand Haven on Sunday. It's been a while! We tend to stay away from the beaches during the summer as they are so busy. We did take a walk along the pier out to the lighthouse though. The day wasn't the sunniest and it was a bit drizzly but we went out anyway!

Day 227 (Monday) 



Just peaceful. 

Day 228 (today!)




Another walk, another peaceful place. There really seems to be a theme to these photos, doesn't there? 

Back tomorrow. 

10 comments:

  1. Some days are harder than others, aren't they? I'm glad the walks help and watching the baby birds can be entertaining. I seem to have mostly mockingbirds in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are. Mockingbirds! I'm jealous. I can't say I've ever seen one.

      Delete
  2. Sending love. These anniversaries can be very bitter-sweet. Thinking of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending hugs your way. Anniversary days are always difficult days but hopefully things will get easier for you now.

    Your photos of the blue jays are awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are tough. I'm trying to think of good times, but there are still days when I miss her like crazy.

      Delete
  4. Great photos of the Blue Jays--especially the one in motion. We recently replace an old feeder with a new, high end one from Canada (filled with nut and berry seed), and our deck has become like a bird airport--similar to O'Hare at rush hour. It can handle four at a time with perches for each--they have to put beaks in the specific openings to get seed, so it really reduces waste of seed dropping to the ground. Pretty funny to see the birds line up on the deck rail waiting their turn at the feeder...or bumping each other off a perch if one is taking too long a turn. Living near the Chesapeake Bay, on a daily basis, we have Blue Jays, Nuthatches, Goldfinches, House Finches, Cardinals, Downy Woodpeckers, Red-Bellied Woodpeckers, Tufted Titmouse, Carolina Chickadee, Wren, Mourning Doves, Bluebirds, and of course, Blackbirds and Grackles. There are others that are more infrequent visitors like the Indigo Bunting, Rose breasted Grosbeak and the Flicker. There is also a double-sided suet feeder that gets plenty of attention and we also have hummingbird feeder on our kitchen window and it has its own frequent flyer group. Pileated Woodpeckers can be seen and heard in our trees, but they don't come to the feeders. Provides a lot of entertainment looking out the kitchen window. Love watching them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That sounds like a lot of visitors! I can't say we ever get bluebirds in our garden or Indigo Buntings. I am lucky right now to have a flicker family around. They are fun to watch!

      Delete
  5. Sending hugs. It's never easy. I hope that you're being kind to yourself.

    I adore those pics of the jays. They look like such characters. The picture of the stream made me feel calmer just looking at it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They really are characters. They seem to have their own personalities. They really cheer me up sometimes.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.