Pages

Monday, August 8, 2022

Monday Monday

Yesterday was sticky and humid. We didn't go for a walk. To be honest, I've had enough of stepping outside and barely moving before everything becomes sweaty. I'm not a big fan of the heat, but even less of a fan of the humidity. I think it was 80+ % humidity when I got up yesterday. Been humid most of the day today too, though things have got a little better this evening. Fingers crossed it won't be as bad tomorrow. I did go for a walk today but it wasn't that comfortable. 

We did go out for a drive yesterday, just to get out for a little bit. I had seen a lovely sunflower field advertised on a Facebook group I'm in and, as it wasn't too far away. I was really surprised that there was absolutely no-one there when we arrived. It was set up lovely. There were three paths through the field that led to little spaces where people could take photos in front of the sunflowers - especially handy if you're a portrait photographer. I think that should solve the problem of people crushing flowers to get 'that' shot (I hate it when you see that in a field of flowers). The owners of the field (surprisingly) don't charge anything to visit or to take photos (even photoshoots). They do sell some sunflowers and accept donations. I bought a few sunflowers so I could take them home, take some close-up photos and put out for the birds. It was so beautiful. 

Things That Make Me Smile 219



Had to be a sunflower photo. I took a couple with my phone, but most with my big camera. I think I could have stayed there for ages lol. 

We took a leisurely drive back though the countryside to home again. It was nice not to be outside for too long!

I wasn't sure this morning if I was going to go for a walk or not. I didn't sleep well again. It was hot and sticky and husband was snoring up a storm. I could hear him through the earplugs I wear and even though I nudged him several times he still snored so I ended up on the sofa. Ugh. Also the weather report said storms were expected again in the morning. There were no storms though and I felt as though I should walk so I went for one. It was okay. 

I got normal household things done, nothing extra. Most of the day was sticky enough that I felt icky even if I moved. I have shopping to do tomorrow so I can complete the menu for the week. I'm sticking to things that don't have to have the oven on for too long. Hopefully, I will be more productive in other areas tomorrow as it is supposed to be a little cooler. 

Things That Make Me Smile 220



A quick read. Made me smile. I started another book but it was about a mother passing away from Covid and hit too close from home that I started crying. I've put it aside for now. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to read it. 


9 comments:

  1. The sunflower field is lovely! I don't think I could read a book about someone passing away from Covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to have to let the book go. It would definitely be while before I could bring myself to pick it up again.

      Delete
  2. I don't mind heat so much, it's the humidity that makes it so uncomfortable and one often finds the two hand in hand - in many parts of the world anyway. I'm glad it cooled off for you a bit. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the humidity that gets me. I hate not being able to take a step without feeling sticky. Yuck!

      Delete
  3. Sunflowers are such smiley flowers!

    One of the library books I had was about someones grief following the death of their partner from Cancer -needless to say - I didn't read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sunflowers! I was hoping they would have some down in the field by The Suffolk Food Hall but they weren't there this year. Probably too dry!

      I like to escape with my books and this one was just too close to reality. It brought up too many raw feelings.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I am tired of the humidity as well. Now I"m waiting for the fall cooldown. I love living where there are defined seasons, but the heat and humidity is pretty rough sometimes.
    Did you notice any different scent to the sunflowers? I haven't really been around any of these, but I think there might be a field near us as well. It does sound nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having defined seasons, but I hate this part of summer lol. I had to go and sniff the sunflowers. They do smell a little bit. It was lovely to go see them. They definitely make me smile!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad that you had a great time back in Blighty. Those owls are epic! I love their variety.

    It looks like a great haul from the Dollar Tree. I see so many YouTube videos of Dollar Tree hauls that I am insanely curious about it. It looks like you got some great deals.

    I love the pics you took of England. As for decluttering - if you have any ideas, please share! I'm sinking somewhat here.

    I love the pic of the ghostbusting car. Normally I adore your nature pics, because you seem to catch all the beauty in them, but that car is awesome. You have a good eye to notice these things.

    The sunflowers are gorgeous. You take amazing pics.

    Please be kind to yourself. You are still missing your mum (which is absolutely normal), you've had an emotional trip to England which must have been tiring in a lot of little ways, and you have finished Jane's house which has taken so much of you for so long so must be like missing a part of daily life. That's one heck of a stress level. Sending all hugs and good vibes x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.