Pages

Friday, March 3, 2023

Friday - Did it Snow?

Thanks for all the comments on the last post! I shall let you know which one falls first. They all looked the same today. 

That Midwest forecast I posted rang a little true today. The snow that was predicted to start at 10am didn't. It didn't start at 11 or 12 or 1 or 2. It must have started about 2.30pm. There's about 5 inches on the bird table from what I can see. As I look out of my window before writing this (10.49pm) there are two deer out there trying to dig through the snow and eat the seed that has gathered on the table. 

As the snow started this afternoon the birds were out in numbers trying to beat the rapidly falling snow to get some food before sheltering for the night. There was even a rabbit out under the table. For most of the winter they have been coming out at night - to stay away from prey I suspect - but this one was out this afternoon. 




I did manage to get out my walk today. It was okay. Cloudy and windy and we didn't see a lot, but the exercise was good. I came home, did the usual and texted with my sister. We always check in on Fridays. I listed a few more lighthouses on Ebay. I am almost done with them now. 

Not sure what weekend plans are. I suppose we shall get up in the morning and see how the roads are. It will be above freezing tomorrow so the snow won't be around too long. Hopefully we can get out somewhere. 


7 comments:

  1. Cute rabbit! Hope you have a good weekend and manage to go for a drive somewhere if the weather is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! After the snow we had a couple of quite nice, sunny days.

      Delete
  2. We should have a clear weekend to go to my daughter's. It may snow or sleet on way home. I hope it holds off until we get home. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a safe drive and lots of fun!

      Delete
  3. I hope the weather is OK on Saturday so you can get out and about. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.