Pages

Monday, March 6, 2023

I don't like Mondays...

Funny start to the week. 

Some background - on Saturday at the end of our morning out the check engine light came on in my car. We had gone over some pretty deep snow. Husband, being cautious, didn't want to take it out for our Sunday Adventure so we took his van. His workplace has a mechanic that outside people and employees can hire so he decided to drive my car to work this morning to see if the mechanic could hook the car up to the machine and see what was wrong with it. Apparently everything is electronic these days. The car seemed to be working fine, but it's better to get it checked out. Anyway, husband gets to work and there is no power! He turns around and comes home as it won't be back on until noon. A local car place opened at 7.30 so husband decides to take it to be hooked up there and see what the diagnosis was. He drove it up the street and the light goes off! 

I ended up going for my walk. Husband's work electricity came back on so he went to work. Hoping the car acted up because we drove over that tall, packed snow. Apparently, the mechanic can't diagnose the car if there is no code tripped! So, fingers crossed the light will stay off! It's driving fine. 

On my walk I slid in the mud and fell over. Nothing hurt, just wrenched the arm I'm having trouble with a little more. Thankfully I saved the camera I was holding too! 

I think the beginning to the day threw me off. I had made plans that didn't include a car or a walk or doing my food shop. I suppose at least I did those and the basic housework. 





12 comments:

  1. Hope the check engine light was a one time thing - maybe some connections got wet from the snow - and it's nothing to worry about. Glad you didn't get hurt too badly when you fell! Hope tomorrow is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's what we're hoping with the car

      Delete
  2. Hope Tuesday is much better and also hope you are not too stiff and bruised after your fall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hate those days as I just want to go back to bed and hide under the covers lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed! I hate to fall! Hope your arms mends soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew. Glad you weren't hurt when you fell... more water in that whisky 🥃

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a nice Monday at all. Hopefully, Tuesday has been a lot better. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.