Pages

Monday, March 13, 2023

Weekend

Had a pretty good weekend. The sun was shining on Saturday, and it was a little above freezing. We went out for a nice walk and had a pretty good time. Sunday was just the opposite. The sky was completely a solid grey colour and there were snow showers. We went out for a bit as we had to drop off a replacement debit card to our middle son who lives by the lakeshore. 

There were lots of people fishing at the piers on both Saturday and Sunday. We couldn't believe how packed it was! On Sunday husband who is way more sociable than I am talked to one of the fishermen. Apparently, it is Coho Salmon season, and they are near to the piers. I could understand them being out on Saturday - as I said the weather was nice, but Sunday. Brrr. 



Some of the fishermen/women on the pier



Fishing from the snowy beach. 

It's the beginning of another week. The son who lives with us is more than tired and just a little (understandably) grumpy. He had to work all weekend - ten-hour days - and is now on nine-hour days. Ugh. 

It was snowy again this morning, but the roads were clear so I went out for a walk. Stopped and picked up a couple of things, got a couple things done at home. Pretty uneventful. 

I'll be back tomorrow. I really thought I had posted on Saturday lol. Must have just dreamed that I did!


9 comments:

  1. I can't believe standing or sitting around and fishing when it is so cold, but, I remember there used to be people ice fishing when I was in Wisconsin. Some hardy people, out there! Sounds like you had a good weekend and I hope the week is off to a good start for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe all the people out there. It was snowing on Sunday and they were all standing about, chatting and in good spirits.

      Delete
  2. They must be very keen fisher people - that sounds so, so cold! Not mu thing at all! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor mine. But they seemed cheerful enough!

      Delete
  3. Can't imagine sitting around waiting for a fish in snow and freezing weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! But apparently it is very tasty and there were so many they were reaching their limits!

      Delete
  4. Friends of Christchurch Park. www.focp.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope those people fishing were kitted out with thermals. We've had a few flurries today but nothing to get excited about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. They were certainly dressed very warm. I think we all were!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.