Pages

Friday, March 17, 2023

Ups and Downs

It's been a...challenging couple of days mentally. Mother's Day (UK) is coming up this weekend. I can't believe it will be the second one without Mum. I've been thinking about her a lot lately and it makes me feel like being on a rollercoaster of emotions. I don't suppose going through menopause helps either when my emotions feel all over the place recently. I miss her. I suppose this time of year is a struggle for a lot of people who are missing their Mums or don't have them in their lives for one reason or another. There's lot of adverts around and mention of Mums and frankly it hurts. I was chatting with my sister today and she said she tries to opt out of any Mother's Day emails. She also mentioned how difficult it is for me when there are two Mother's Days (UK in March and US in May). I used to send Mum something for both. It's difficult over here when most people don't understand why I'm feeling a little sad. 

Anyway, enough of that. After ups and downs, daughter and SIL say they are coming this weekend so that's something to look forward to. I am pleased to see them but hope I don't bring the mood down. I think there will still be moments. 

On a things-that-make-me-smile note, I saw the beavers on Thursday. It was sunny but chilly. I stood and watched at least three (maybe four) of them. So lovely to watch. I took a little video early in the morning and managed to catch one. 



Also took a few photos of them. Here's one. 



Today was horribly rainy and snowy. I didn't take a walk. We're under a Winter Weather Advisory for ick snow. So we shall see. 

As always, thank you for the comments. I do appreciate and read them. 

4 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) Sharon. The first few years are the worst, I think.
    Thank you for sharing the video - it's so special to see the beaver in the water. You took a great photo of one, too!
    I'm glad to hear that your daughter will be there this weekend and I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing her again. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find Mother's Day difficult and just try to pretend it isn't happening, so understand what you mean and you do have my sympathy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it. I love her and miss her too but sometimes it's so hard.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.