Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Tuesday

After yesterday's fall my arms are feeling a little sore, but otherwise no lasting effects. My car is also still light free. I went for a walk this morning, a little more careful as I walked in the mud, so I didn't take another tumble. It was a little chilly and windy, but it was sunny, so I won't complain! It looks like there might be some snow on Friday so I'm making the most of the sunshine while we have it. 

Today wasn't a lot more productive than yesterday. Sigh. I did manage to get another post done on my project. I'm pleased that I'm still plugging along on it. I got the normal Tuesday housework done. I did start some sorting, but then realised I was running out of time before the guys came home and put it all back again. 

I have started a list of what I need/want to get done. I think as it's supposed to be fairly mild 46F/8C I'm going to work on getting a whole bunch of recycle boxes that are currently on our porch sorted, broken down and put in the recycle. I've been saving a bunch, so I have them to post the things of Jane's that I have up for sale. I'm down to the last of large items, so I won't be needed a lot of them. Our recycle will be picked up this Friday. I want to begin to tidy up the porch so that it will be ready to be used once the weather gets better. The porch is a screened in one. Husband puts up plastic protection over the screens in the winter so the snow doesn't get in. When the weather gets warmer the protection comes down and we can sit out there in the cooler evenings and enjoy the fresh air (and not the bugs!). One of the things I do like about American houses is the screens they have in windows. It's nice to be able to have the windows open and not worry about bugs or flies or mosquitoes.  So that's the plan for tomorrow. I will let you know the progress tomorrow!

Photo today - a lovely Pileated Woodpecker I saw today on my walk






4 comments:

  1. Still seems a while here before sitting anywhere except indoors after a bit of snow yesterday.
    I've always fancied a porch or veranda big enough to sit out in - one day maybe. Hope your clearing up goes well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad there were no broken bones as a result of your and your husband's falls.

    I've always wanted to live in a house with a porch that's big enough to sit out in but they're not really that common here. Hope your sorting of boxes goes well and you can get the ones you don't want ready for the recycling on Friday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree about screened windows and how nice a screen porch is. I never even thought about putting plastic up in the winter, what a great idea. Hope I remember for next winter lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are not too sore from the fall! Lovely photo of the woodpecker! It's posing for you! "Take a picture of my profile, please!" :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.