Pages

Friday, April 7, 2023

End of Week

I'm chalking this week up to post-holiday blues and shall start again next week. I had plans, most of which I did not follow through on. I've been feeling more than a little blah. The stomachache didn't help. It is better now though so that's good. There are things I need to get done around the house that I have been putting off. I did get all my usual done so that's a plus. 

Things are starting to dry out a little bit. It really did end up raining lots and lots on Wednesday and everything is still quite sodden. We have some post-winter tidying up to do in the garden as soon as things dry out. I would like to get some flowers this year. Husband built me some planters last year so I would like to use them. I need to look up when I can plant things. I don't have a green thumb at all, but hardy plants I can manage when they are outside.  This year I'll be around most of the summer. I am planning a trip home to England in mid-August and maybe stay for what would have been Mum's birthday and maybe visit her bench that day. 

Not sure what's going on for the weekend. Son said something about coming up Sunday afternoon. We are thinking of visiting a nature park a couple of hours away that day. Maybe some sort of nice eats in the afternoon. We don't do a lot of Easter celebrating and there aren't any extra days off here in America but we shall enjoy the sunshine and the weekend. 

Phone photos today - flooding at the lake. As I said, it's rained a lot and the Beaver Deceiver is pretty blocked up again so things are pretty wet. 



These trees are usually on dry land


This is a flooded path!

There is a concrete platform out there somewhere!

Happy Easter and have a lovely weekend. I'm hoping to post but we shall see!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a lovely weekend, Sharon. Glad the stomachache is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a flood! Yes, this is a new week. When I have a week (or weeks) like this, I look at it like a lesson - I don't like how NOT doing something made me feel. That's just me...then when I do the thing I was procrastinating I feel so light and happy. I still procrastinate, but I'm getting better at starting with the thing I hate the most. For me, this is a new week too!! ahahah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.