Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Weekend

Had a lovely day out yesterday. It was warm enough that a walk along the pier and beach was nice. I couldn't believe how many people were out! There were some in bikinis and swimwear, though the water is much too cold to swim in. I wondered what the temperature of it was and looked on Google. Apparently Lake Michigan water temperature is 39F/4C!!! Brrrr. There was a little bit of a breeze coming off the lake, so I was wearing a light jacket over my t-shirt. I'm not ready to get out my summer things yet! Especially as tomorrow the temperature is dropping and there are snow showers forecast all day! 

As I said, we got out for a nice walk. Middle son came up to visit and get something to eat when we got back. This morning we got up fairly early and, despite rain being forecast, it was actually quite nice so we went out for a little bit. 

There was such a lovely sunrise. These were taken with my phone










Really was amazing colours. The rain did set in this afternoon, but it was nice that it didn't come as early as expected and we were able to get out. We stopped at the shops on our way home to pick up a new grill. Ours gave up the ghost at the end of summer last year so we wanted to get one before the reasonably priced ones were sold out. We use it a lot in the summer - or rather husband does. He is in charge of cooking at the weekend and likes to cook on the grill when able to. It certainly helps that we don't have to heat up the house once the really hot weather starts. 

So now we're off to a new week ahead. I really do need to work on some sorting. I don't know where last week went. It seemed to have flown by! 

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Do you make plans for the week? I have been doing well on the meal planning, but not so well on the job list. I have my regular days to do things and I do those just fine. It's the extras. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful sunrise!
    Sounds like you had a lovely weekend.
    I don't have any specific plans for the week ahead, other than the gardener being here on Wednesday morning and Friday evening. I should, however, get some paperwork and housekeeping done. And plan a menu! Hope you had a productive week, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain and snow after all that sunshine. Blimey!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.