Pages

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Back in Michigan

 Yesterday, Saturday, dawned with a new round of snow in Minnesota. About 4 or 5 inches. It was a mess. The day did turn out to be lovely later on. Nice and sunny. We did some shopping and then took the dogs for a walk. What a lovely way to spend my last day in Minnesota. 

Not so great - when we were out and about I got a text from the airline saying my flight had been cancelled and they had rebooked me for Monday at 7am!!! It takes an hour and a half to get from daughter's house to Minneapolis airport, it's recommended you are there two hours before and both daughter (who would drop me off at airport) and husband (who picked me up at the other end) had to work! I must admit to panicking a bit as I checked for other flights and there weren't any available only on Monday. I had just about settled (and worked out with daughter and husband to take time off work) to come back Monday morning about 10.45am. I re-scheduled my flight to that one. Later on I checked again and found a spot had opened up on a flight back today that left at 10.45am! Daughter said she would get up early and take me. I was glad as I didn't want either her or husband to have to take time off work. Luckily, they do both work at fairly flexible places. 

We got up early this morning. Overnight there had been some freezing rain and the roads were pretty slippery to start. Luckily, daughter is a confident driver and used to the bad weather - has learned to be growing up in Michigan and now living in Minnesota! We made it to the airport in plenty of time. 

I am now back in Michigan. It was funny (in a strange way) when flying to see that in Minnesota everywhere was covered in snow and in Michigan there is no snow on the ground! I was glad to make it back okay. The place daughter lives is under a Winter Storm Watch with more snow due on Tuesday and Wednesday. 

When I first got to Minnesota I posted this photo of the buried reindeer in daughter's garden




There was some slight melting in the week, but with the snow on Friday night the reindeer looked just as buried as when I arrived - in fact if you notice you can't see any of its back anymore. I told daughter that we need to measure her snow by how buried the reindeer is! 



Some views from the plane



Between layers of clouds



Flying across the lake



Snow covered Minnesota



And Michigan (with some clouds low and high)

Normal programming will resume lol. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you have arrived home safely after the worries of cancelled and rearranged flights. And no snow at home ... that has to be a bonus. I feel sorry for the buried reindeer back in Minnesota though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to make it home safely and still on Sunday too, without having to reschedule to Monday. Oh, that poor reindeer ornament! It's buried up to its neck! Loved the aerial photo of snowy Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos from the plane and the difference in weather

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reindeer is cute almost covered in snow, and glad you found a suitable flight home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.