Pages

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Saturday

I ended up going for a walk by myself today as husband decided it would be a good day to get some tidying up done in the garden. He wanted to pull up the bird feeder poles, clean up beneath them (birds dropped seed all winter long in the snow and now is piled up). It looks really nice! There is a bit more tidying up I want to do, but I can do that in the week. I stayed out of his way! He and son went to see a movie later on and I wasn't back until after they left. 

I had a lovely morning by myself. I started out at my normal walking place, watched the sunrise and the beavers playing in the water before going to another place I visit a lot in spring and summer, but not in winter. It was my first time there in months and I saw another birder I used to walk with. It was nice to catch up with him. He let me know that another birder guy that used to walk there had sadly passed away. J was a really great guy. He could hear a bird and tell you what it was. 

When I got back I had a nice bath and then napped. I didn't mean to fall asleep. I was watching a bit of Youtube on my phone and dozed off! It's not often I do that. I suppose it was because the house was so quiet and I didn't sleep the greatest. 

Sunrise



It was nice to see it as I wasn't expecting it to be quite so beautiful



The other place I walked





Later on, I received some sad news from my sister C. She had told me a couple of weeks ago that our other sister D's husband M had been to the hospital for a scan as he was having some issues. He received his biopsy results, and they aren't good. He has cancer.  It doesn't sound good. Very upsetting. Still processing. M is such a great guy. He and my sister have been married for over 40 years. I feel so helpless being so far away. 



4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sunrise!
    I am so sorry to hear about your sister's husband. Hopefully, it can be treated and he will have a full recovery. I'm sure you'll find ways to be there for them from here - phone calls, cards, etc., all help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear your bad news. It must be very hard for you to be so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and hugs for you regarding your sad news. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such nice photos! Sounds like a lovely day actually. I always fall asleep watching youtube, wake up and think....what is it I'm watching now?!? I'm not responsible for what youtube sees when I'm sleeping....ahaha Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Cancer sucks! I will pray for him that he can be treated, tolerates the protocol and have a full recovery. I'm sure your sister understands. Send her extra little messages, texts, cards. When our daughter was in treatment for her cancer, every little note or card I saved. Any encouraging words shared. It means alot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.