Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Getting Back in the Groove

I always find it a bit of a struggle to get back into the routine when I get back from a break away. I needed the break though. Day-to-day I seem to get stuck in a routine and then find it hard to break the normal even if it's not a good routine. Going away and getting out of that groove sometimes helps to reset things the way I would like them to be. A bit more on that later. 

We had a good time away. Husband and son did lots of relaxing. I did a lot of walking from the cabin to the beachfront and lagoon to sit and watch the bird life. It was quite wonderful. It's the first time we've stayed a week in one place when we're camping. Usually, we go to a couple of different campsites and do things daily. Husband and son wanted something a bit more relaxing this time, so I picked a place I knew would be nice for us all. 

I was the only one who got up for the sunrises. They aren't too early here - about 6am. I was talking to my sister (in Ipswich, England) and she said their sunrises were just after 4.30 in the morning. I wouldn't be up and out on the beach by then lol. 

The beach at this park - Bay City State Park - is situated on Lake Huron, another of the Great Lakes. There is a swimming beach with groomed sand but there is a wilder side to the beach with a large pool of water where Egrets fish in the morning. 





Just after sunrise through the trees (phone photo)

Here's one of the Egrets taken with my camera 



I'll post more of the holiday on upcoming blogs. 

Back to day-to-day now. I did a lot of thinking while I was away and have come to the decision to walk just three days a week with my walking friend, at least for the rest of the summer. The other two mornings I'll get up early, go for a quick nature walk and photography session and get back home to work on my house. I really want to keep moving forward with my decluttering efforts and I have come to realise that I need to devout more time to it and to use my time a little better. When I walk with my friend I don't get done until almost eleven and then if errands are to be done I don't get home until 12.30 or so and husband and son get off work at 2.15!  I know that I can still get things done when they get home, but I find it easier to get things done while they are at work. I'm not in anyone's way as I move around the house, and I can put on music (which I like working to) without disturbing anyone. 

I shall let me friend know tomorrow that starting next week I won't be joining her daily. I hope she understands.

On the decluttering front - I did tackle a junk drawer. I don't think I've opened it in, well, a long time. It was full of trading card sleeves and cords to things (I don't know what lol). The cords have been in there a while and I'm sure they go to something which is why they have stayed in there. However, as I said, I haven't opened it in a long time so obviously they are not something I'll miss. I had husband check them first. He held on to an HDMI one. The others he was just as clueless as I was lol. So they are gone. Same with the remotes in the photo.



This is a pile of the miscellaneous rubbish I threw out from there. 



I have also managed to declutter another five books



I am slowly catching up with blogs. 

Hopefully back tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a nice long break and it helped you rethink some things. Hope the new routine works out well for you. You are doing well with the decluttering!
    I really enjoyed the little video of the herons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm energised to go forward with the decluttering. I think having a break away gave me renewed motivation!

      Delete
  2. I'm always worried about throwing old cables in case it is something essential. Common sense tells me they can't be, but you never do know! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit worried about that, BUT I reasoned with myself that we haven't used anything in there for at least two years so they can't be that important - at least not to anything we do use!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.