Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Oops...Missed a Day and Smoke (cough, cough)

It's Wednesday. I missed posted yesterday. It was one of those days that, by the time I remembered, I was already in bed and that was it. Lol. I wasn't getting out again. 

It's been a smoke-filled couple of days here in my corner of Michigan. Yesterday was particularly bad. As soon as I stepped outside, I could smell the smoke. It's from the wildfires in Canada. There was almost a fog over everything, except it wasn't, it was smoke. Apparently, it's really bad in our area. It's supposed to stick around until Friday morning. Today, I thought, was a little better. I could still smell smoke, but the sun actually managed to pop through the smoke a couple of times during the day. 

I did tell my friend that, starting next week, I was only going to be walking Mon, Wed and Friday. She wanted to know what I was doing the other two days. I tried to explain. Later though I wondered why I had tried to explain. I really shouldn't have to explain why I want to do something lol. Still, I am sticking to my guns, and I shall only go on those three days. 

I am feeling a bit more optimistic about the decluttering. I've come to the conclusion that it's going to be an ongoing thing. Bit by bit. I (shock, gasp!) have been making a list of the little bits I want to get done each day. I'm feeling less overwhelmed when I take on small bits at a time. There is one particular corner I've been working on and I'm quite pleased to say that it's already looking a lot better!

A few phone photos from this morning









4 comments:

  1. I sympathize with you over the smoke in the air, it seems scary and not so easy to breathe. Here in California this year and last year we had lots of smoke from fires. I hope those fires in Canada go out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nasty to have smoke hanging over everything. Hope they get rain to put the fires out soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard on the news that the smoke is quite severe in some parts of the midwest and eastern states. Hope it gets better, soon.
    Yes, decluttering is an on-going process, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite right - you can explain if you want but you shouldn't necessarily have to and it is your life, your decision. Good for you!
    I'm sorry about the smoke. A worrying situation. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.