Pages

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Sunday and Plans for Next Week

The weather today wasn't great. It was cloudy and a little showery, but we went out for a drive and a little walk along the beach. We stopped at a poppy field. It was beautiful and a little sad. It was planted for the owners' son who had served in the military and came home suffering with PTSD. Unfortunately, he took his own life. They planted the field as a memorial to him. 

Some phone photos. I took my camera and will probably share a few another time











Was really beautiful and I don't think these phone photos show it justice. 

So, the weekend is done. What are the plans for next week? 

First thing to do tomorrow - meal plan. I put it off today. I need to check the freezer and cupboards and see what I can use and what I need to get. A plus - since sorting the freezer attached to the fridge I have been keeping it tidy. 

I have been sorting through some things (and listed them) on Ebay. I have a lot more to put up. I also want to get at least another 10 items ready for donation. I feel as though I'm taking one step forward and two steps back. I suppose as long as I keep chipping away at things they will get better. It's when I don't get rid of anything at all and stop thinking about it that things will slide backward again. I think I need a better system of going through things. Right now I'm just flitting around. 

What are your plans for the week? How is decluttering coming? 

Hope everyone had a good weekend!


6 comments:

  1. The poppy field is gorgeous. I could see me sitting in a chair on the edge and taking it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly beautiful and quite heartbreaking too. PTSD is a terrible thing b9oth beforehand and during.
    I think you're doing really well with your clearing out. Keep going and, eventually, it will all be done. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the dedication, I read up on his story. It's really heartbreaking.

      Thanks. I feel as though, most of the time, I'm just creeping forward.

      Delete
  3. That field of poppies looks so pretty and so sad at the same time. May he rest in peace.
    I need to meal plan, too. I didn't meal plan last week, but, it worked out well. Next week should be easy as I have leftovers to finish!
    Well done on the decluttering! I'm finding it hard! I pulled out a stack of magazines, thinking I could declutter them, but, I really enjoy looking through them! They are gardening magazines and they don't really get outdated, do they? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like that with craft magazines! I look through them thinking I'll get rid of them and see all these things that inspire me to want to start making things again. Sigh

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.