Pages

Friday, June 16, 2023

It's Friday!

Husband took three boxes to the Charity Shop for donation. I wanted them out of the house. 

Tomorrow we are off for a week 'camping' trip. I hesitate to say camping as we will be staying in a mini cabin. It's nothing fancy. It's basically a small room with two sets of bunk beds and a small counter. There are two chairs outside, a picnic table and a fire pit. There are showers/bathrooms a small walk away. It does have electricity which is more than we usually have. We have to take everything - sleeping bags, cooking things etc. I am really looking forward to it. It's in a state park. We've stayed there for a weekend before. There is a beach across the road, and a lagoon. Lots of wildlife and photo opportunities which is what I want. Husband is going to just relax and enjoy. I have plenty of books packed to read in between taking photos. It is a chance to just get away from the normal and enjoy. 

Today I walked briefly with my friend and then went off on my own. I needed a chance to recharge before setting about my day. I ran a couple of errands before heading home, doing some wash, tidying up a bit, packing and getting camera stuff ready for tomorrow. 

I am looking forward to breaking the routine for a week. Usually, I have a chance to reflect and think about how I want to do things going forward. I really need to do that as I feel like a record that keeps getting stuck. 

Hopefully, I will check in during the week if only to share a few phone photos. 

Phone photos from my walk today -  In the Woods. Everything is looking so lush and green









1 comment:

  1. Well done on the decluttering! 3 boxes!
    Have a lovely week, camping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.