Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Saturday Walk

Can't say I got much done today. I did get up early and went for a walk by myself. Husband slept downstairs to give me a break from the snoring and he slept late so I was already up and about out the door before he woke up. Unusual for him. It was a nice walk. I just went to my usual place, but by myself. It was surprisingly quiet for the weekend. It was lovely to watch a hot air balloon go over the lake. 

Some phone photos






I almost waved they were so close!

I stood and watched a couple of snapping turtles laying eggs.



Luckily I didn't see any of them near the Mallard, Wood Duck or Swan babies. 

I stood there and looked up into the sky and enjoyed the clouds



By the time I got back home husband was fully awake. I persuaded him that we needed to go to the Amish shop for some doughnuts and goodies. He was more than willing to come along. 

On the way we were going to stop at our usual spot, but it was really busy and I didn't want to get out and take photos. I did take a photo of a couple of a couple of Amish buggies. This is by a lake and I think they went fishing. Not sure what they did with the horses!



We also stopped by this barn. I told husband I recognised it and he reminded me that we'd stopped there in winter lol. I knew I liked this spot!





In the afternoon middle son came up to go to the cinema with older son. He then came back to the house and had something to eat. I also spent time today chatting with daughter. 

All-in-all a pretty good day!

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds to me like you got plenty done - just not what one would label 'work', that's all! :-) A lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day, Sharon, filled with simple joys. Lovely photos, too, and I enjoyed the video of the snapping turtle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.