Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Busy Week

I can't believe it's midweek again and I haven't updated! It's Thanksgiving week here in the US and although I don't generally celebrate this holiday, my family who are American, do. It's a short week for the guys at work. They are finished today. Husband has worked long days so he can take Friday off. Tomorrow we'll be off to MILs for a meal. 

I have got quick a bit done this week already which is mainly why I haven't posted. I have been working up in my craft room and am pleased with the progress so far. I actually have a bit of space to work on crafts though there is still a lot of stuff in there. I've been busy listing some of my supplies on Ebay. Hand up - I am a craft hoarder. There is a lot I'm not ready to get rid of, but I have a lot of stuff and have picked up a lot at the thrift store this year when I saw 'bargains'. 

Husband took boxes last week to the thrift/charity shop and I already have another box ready to go! I've given up some craft supplies, some books and just random items that I've found in the house. 

I've also made a lot of progress with Christmas presents. I think this is the most organised I've been in years - that's saying something as I'm really not that organised. I have several people complete and it's not even December!

I've got some blog catching up to do. I won't be doing any house-y stuff tomorrow or sorting so I'll play catch-up then. 

To all my American readers I hope you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. I know that it's not easy for everyone at holidays, especially those alone or are missing family members. Hugs to all those people. Don't feel you have to be happy and jolly. It's okay to be sad, to miss loved ones. Be kind to yourself. 




A place that brings me peace. 

6 comments:

  1. No Thanksgiving here in the UK either but my brother and family live in the US so will be celebrating big time, I expect.

    Well done with being on top of the Christmas gifts. I'm just waiting for the Christmas Tree to go up and then I will be getting the gifts bought, wrapped, and under that tree.

    Another lovely photo. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm really trying to get ahead of the game so I don't feel so stressed that last week before I go to daughter's house. Seems a bit funny that I'll be away.

      Delete
  2. Well done on all you've accomplished in the craft room!
    I'll be hosting Thanksgiving dinner and have invited my late friend A's husband and two daughters as it is their first Thanksgiving after A's death. It's the first time I'm having people over after the pandemic, but, I didn't want them to be alone this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very nice of you. I hope you all have a lovely day. I'm so glad your daughter will be there with you too.

      Delete
  3. It sounds as if the small bites of the stuff are going well.
    Happy Thanksgiving to your family and happy sorting to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It sometimes feels as though I take one step forward and two back. Just when I feel as though I've accomplished something I seem to slide back again. I am determined I'll get the house sorted though. I do like it when things are orderly, but I'm not good about getting it that way!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.