Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Somewhat Productive Day

The shopping is done. Did some sorting. Got rid of a few things. I felt as though it was a sort-of productive day. Until I looked around and saw all that had to be done. I suppose it's better to focus on what I did do rather than what still needs to be done. Sigh. It just seems a little overwhelming. I suppose in time it will get easier. 

I'm hoping to get a little bit more done tomorrow. I do have a hair appointment and it's in the middle of the day. Not sure what I was thinking. I'm going to try to go for a walk, then come home, do a bit and head out to the appointment. At least I know what I'm making for tea! 

I still have to get rid of 10 books this week. I think that will be something I'll get done tomorrow. I have an idea which ones I'm ready to get rid of. I do have a pile of things in the dining room that are ready to be donated! I also have some magazines ready to go to husband's friend's wife when he goes out next. 

Photo for today - I wish I could be half as productive as the beavers at the place I walk! One big tree down, one little tree down and three others started - at least what I've seen - this week!




3 comments:

  1. The saying, "Busy as a beaver" comes to mind!
    You got a lot accomplished. I, too, tend to get overwhelmed by what I didn't get done, but, I'm learning to focus on what I did get done. Shopping takes time; sorting/decluttering takes time. One way to get more done might be to set a timer for 15 or 20 minutes and work on one task for that time, then, when the timer goes off, move on to another task. Often, you won't finish the tasks, but, you'll get a bit done in many areas. Eventually, like the beavers, you'll have one big task completed, one small task completed, and three others started! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, those beavers are fast workers. If they ever spread from where they've been reintroduced here we wont have any trees left!
    Happy sorting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its hard getting rid of stuff isn't it. I wait until I am determined to let go before tackling each area.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.