Pages

Friday, November 24, 2023

Friday - Busy Day

Today ended up being busier than expected. 

I woke up at silly-o-clock - AGAIN - and couldn't get back to sleep. I was tempted to get out of bed, but too stubborn to do it. I tossed and turned for about forty minutes before picking up my Kindle and having a read before I felt tired enough to go back to sleep. It was only an hour before the alarm. I should have turned it off, but it was supposed to be a sunny morning and I wanted to go see the beavers for a quick walk. 

There were a few beavers out this morning. So funny to watch. Some are bashful and submerge back into the lake as soon as they spot me watching. Others swim closer and take a look at me as I'm looking at them. It was really cold this morning -5c/23F. I had to pull out my big winter coat and handwarmers while I was out this morning!

After my walk, husband and I took Thanksgiving dinner down to my middle son. He had to work yesterday. He lives by Lake Michigan, so we stopped in at the lighthouse. It was quite strange as one side of the lighthouse was really windy and wavy, the other side quite calm. 

A couple of phone photos







In the afternoon husband and oldest son went out to husband's friend's house to visit for a few hours. I did end up going to a local supermarket as they had a good sale on coats and socks and husband needed both. After that I chatted with sister for a while, had a nice relaxing bath, cleaned the bathroom, did some washing, did some washing up and then got some Ebay things to mail. Phew!

Here's a video of those waves too. I love wavy days. Always reminds me of home. Obviously Lake Michigan is a lake and not the sea, but on windy days it reminds me of the sea 



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy day! You accomplished a lot in the afternoon. I loved the video of the waves! The Great Lakes are like inland seas, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite busy. I think that's what they are considered. I know that living where we do our weather is affected by them. We are in the lake effect snow band and we generally get lots of cloudy days due to our distance from the lakeshore. I love going there though. On windy days they remind me of home!

      Delete
  2. I love watching waves - they calm my mind and they're never the same. I loved that clip. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On days like that it reminds me of home. I love sitting on the beach at Felixstowe and listening to the sound of the waves.

      Delete
  3. Lovely rough lake photos - although it does look big enough and rough enough to be the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what I like about going there on days like that. It reminds me of home. When it's all calm there is no tide but when things get wild the shore changes and the waves crash. Lovely sound!

      Delete
  4. I love Lake Michigan with its monstrous waves. I keep telling myself I am going to drive over from Brighton just for the day so I can sit near the water and listen to the waves. I am not a swimmer so being in the lake does not appeal to me, but everything else about it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't generally go swimming in the lakes and we don't go much in summer as it gets really busy. We did go to Sterling State Park this summer which I think is nearer to you. It was a lovely park and sitting on the beach was nice.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.