Pages

Saturday, November 25, 2023

It's the Weekend!

I can't believe this is the last weekend in November. Yikes. Just thinking about it makes me start to panic. I shouldn't think about it or I'll wake up at silly-o'clock and start worrying again. Sigh. 

It was cold, cold, cold this morning. -8C/18F when I got up and it only reached 2C/35F today. I did bundle up and go out for a walk. There were a few beavers about, lots of geese passing through and a few deer. I didn't stay out too late. Most of me stayed warm, the only problem was with my feet. I think it's time to invest in some toe warmers again. My socks are supposed to be really good ones (I wear my hiking boots while out walking) but my feet still got a little cold. I even wore two pairs of socks! I think it was because I stood still watching the beavers. They were okay when I was walking. 

I did go and do a quick food shop today. We were out of a few things and I thought it was better to go today rather than tomorrow. There is snow in the forecast. We are doing our usual Sunday Adventure, but not sure where we'll be going yet. It depends on where the snow is falling and how much we are supposed to get. I knew it was bound to happen as I have to go to the dentist on Monday. Sigh. 

In the afternoon I did a little bit up in the craft room. Still looks like a bomb hit it. I did bring down a couple more things to put in the donate box. I think I shall have to start another. Will I be able to fill it up before the end of the month? 

Today's photo - From Behind the Beavers' Lodge. I think someone knows that bad weather is coming! It's getting bigger. 



It was really sunny at the start of the day!


10 comments:

  1. It's turned really cold here but not as cold as you have it. Definitely weather to wrap up warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it really is the last weekend in November!
    Ice on car windscreen here but not too bad. Hope you don't get too much snow after all so you can get out and about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like this time of year when I have to warm up the car before getting into it. My doors were frozen this morning, but I managed to get them open!

      Delete
  3. They do seem to feel things coming, don't they? A sort of sixth sense. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! The birds in my garden were going crazy today. I'm hoping that does not mean we are going to get a lot of snow!

      Delete
  4. This month is almost over, isn't it? And next month will go by even quicker and before you know it, it will be the new year! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack it's flying by! I am running out of time.

      Delete
  5. Just visiting from Sue's blog, 'My Quiet Life in Suffolk.' She mentioned your photograph of a beaver lodge. UK beavers were hunted to extinction in the 16th century, but are being reintroduced. Some are free-ranging, but the rest are in carefully controlled enclosures. Good luck with the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These showed up at my local nature preserve a few years back. They built three lodges, this one being the largest and the most easily seen as it is right next to the trail! They are taking down a lot of trees and measures are being taken to protect some of the oak trees. I think beavers tend to like softer wood, but for some reason the ones here are liking the oak trees. They are really interesting to watch, some lovely creatures. I am fascinated by them.

      Hopefully this snow won't stick around long. It's usually after Christmas that we get the colder weather and sticking snow. It's certainly a change from the Suffolk weather I grew up with!

      Thanks for visiting

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.