Pages

Thursday, November 2, 2023

Plans for November

Anyone who reads this, or knows me, knows that I'm not much of a planner. However, I am going to try to work on a few things this month. Thanks for all the tips regarding decluttering and time management. I have tried the timer method before, and I think I'm going to try it again. I'm also going to make a list each week of things I want to work on. I have the list on a little table by the chair I sit in so it's easy to hand. 

Time seems to be flying by so quickly. I announced earlier in the summer that daughter is having a baby. She is due early January. Husband and I always go and celebrate Christmas and daughter's birthday around her birthday weekend (week before Christmas). Anyway, daughter has asked me to stay for a while until after the baby is born, so I shall be in Minnesota for a couple of months - away from home. This is part of the reason I want to buckle down and get a good start on things before I leave. 

This month some of the goals are - 

- to get a good start on Christmas. I'm a procrastinator, but if I'm going to be away for Christmas, I need to have everything organised here so that husband and sons can have a good holiday. 

- work on the pile of magazines. I am getting through them and it feels good. I just have to make the time to read more of them. 

- book decluttering. I want to get rid of at least 20. I am close to letting go of a couple of sets I've held onto for a while. 

- craft room. The goal here is to slowly get it sorted and get rid of things I don't want. 

- there's a thing - cabinet - in the dining room. I want to get the top sorted and cupboard and the shelves. This is THE big project for the month.

It's manageable list. I'm going to try to add more! Hopefully. 

I need to be as busy as the beavers at my local park! They downed this tree in two nights. 



Tooth update - my mouth is still hurting. I don't think this is normal. So far Ibuprofen is keeping the pain under control but it's not good to take too much and I don't like taking it. If things aren't better by Monday I shall have to call the dentist. Sigh. 


5 comments:

  1. I like your plans for the month, Sharon, and I know you can get it all done! I would definitely call the dentist about the pain; it might be that you have an infection which would require antibiotics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lists are good and a bite at a time is best but your toothache sounds horrible. Hope you get it and the clearing up sorted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled at the pile of magazines. I too have a pile that I need to read then pass on. I cancelled the subscription when they they started piling up unread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing brilliantly and, yes, I thing going back to the dentist is a good idea if things haven't improved in the next couple of days. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your projects. I'm going to start early with Christmas as well. I have to deep clean...before I put up stuff. Oh, that will be a nice visit with your daughter and soon to arrive grand. Sorry about the tooth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.