Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thanksgiving Day

I did get up and go for a walk this morning. It was quite chilly, but lovely and peaceful. I saw a few beavers swimming around which is always nice. When I walked up through the field back to the car park I saw a male and female deer. It's getting to be 'that' time of year again and I think they have paired up as I think I've seen him with her before. She laid down behind a fallen tree and he laid down in front of it. Husband says it might be that they've already mated and he's trying to keep the other males away from her. He was quite a big deer! It's also hunting season here in Michigan though there is no hunting allowed in the preserve - which might be why they felt so safe even with me standing on the path watching. 

We went to MIL's in the afternoon to eat. It was a small gathering. We seem to get smaller and smaller each year. My middle son had to work too so he wasn't there. It was a lovely meal though. I think I was on the borderline of eating too much. I felt quite full and a little dizzy after the meal. I think the dizziness was because it was quite warm in the house. 

I took a little nap when I got home. It wasn't something I planned on, but I was watching a Youtube video and fell asleep! I did feel better for it though. 

Tomorrow - no black Friday shopping for me. I have ordered a couple of 'deals' online for gifts though. I am going for a quick walk and then me and husband will be taking a Thanksgiving Dinner down to my son. He lives by the lakeshore so we'll stop in for a quick lighthouse visit while we're there. 

Here's a short video of the deer - she's on the other side of the log



8 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, what a beautiful creature. So elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video of the deer! Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving day, Sharon. Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks. It was a fairly quiet day but lovey. Hope your Thanksgiving was enjoyable.

      Delete
  3. I did eat too much, but I didn't eat anything else for rest of day...
    Also, that is a HUGE buck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to see deer and beavers. We do see deer here but no beavers though they have been introduced in some parts of the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that they had been re-introduced! The beavers showed up here a few years ago. They are wonderful to watch and observe though some people don't like how many trees they take down.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.