Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Mum

I don't want to go days without writing but not sure how it will be over the next few days. My heart is heavy tonight. It's not been a good day. My sister rang me early this morning to tell me that Mum has been taken to hospital. Sister and BIL have both tested positive for Covid and the first test they gave Mum has come up positive. I'm not sure what to do or what will happen. She is on oxygen and they are treating her with antibiotics for a chest infection (sister didn't say whether it was pneumonia but that seems likely with the Covid test result). Please keep her in your thoughts. 

12 comments:

  1. Saying a prayer. Stay positive.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying a prayer. Stay positive.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sharon. (((HUGS))) I hope your Mum will recover soon and your sister and BIL will be OK, too. I will keep your Mum in my prayers and you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so saddened to read this. It's so hard to feel so helpless and distanced. Sending you much love and praying for your mum. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry to read that. Fingers and everything else crossed. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. You must be out of your mind with worry. I hope your mum gets better quickly. Please know that my thoughts are with you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying for your Mum's recovery xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry, she will of course be in my prayers. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm sorry to hear this. I will be praying for you mum and you. Hugs from Ringle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear this--so hard for you being far away and unable to travel. Hoping she gets the care she needs and has the strength to overcome her illness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How is your Mum today? Were you able to get any news? How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry to hear this. I am also a Brit who moved to the U.S. alone decades ago. It's so hard being away from your parents when they become old. Today my Dad would have turned 101. He died at age 75, which seems so young.
    I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.