Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Another Day

 The week seems to be plodding along quite quickly. It's Friday tomorrow. I feel somewhat on track but do need to push myself on the lists a little. I feel as though I'm letting myself off a little easy with the things I'd like to get accomplished each day. The meal planning is working wonderfully. I like having the things I'm going to make written down but with the flexibility of which day will be which meal. There are some meals that require more meal prep and cooking time and some that are fairly quick. That gives me the option of having days where I don't have to do a lot of prep work. It's a lot better than ordering take out (and less expensive). 

I haven't got as much done in the craft room as I had wanted to.  Obviously something I need to work on. I finished another book - a little disappointing but at least that's one less book that will be in the house!

Yesterday when I looked outside I got quite the shock as I saw one of my chipmunks! He is supposed to be tucked up safely in his burrow, but we've been having a mild winter (at least for us!) and the ice/snow that was covering his hole has melted. I think he must have popped out to see whether it was spring! He seemed fine. He came and got the peanuts I left out for him, running from his hole to the peanut and back again. I think he's just a little confused! He'll probably be ducking down again as we are due to get some snow this weekend. It was nice to see him for a while. Chipmunks make me smile!



12 comments:

  1. I find meal planning is well worth the time it takes as well as being satisfying.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! It also helps use up some of the items in the freezer as I am planning around them.

      Delete
  2. Aw, he probably just woke up to have a little snack before he goes back to hibernating! Glad to hear that the meal planning is working out well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been exceptionally icy this past six weeks or so here in blighty. I don't mind the cold but the ice is positively lethal. Roll on Spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm the same way. The ice drives me crazy as does the snow. I can't wait until Spring!

      Delete
  4. They make me smile too, what a joy your photo is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that meal planning eliminates one possible area for stress in my life and the added bonus is that it helps to keep the costs down. Well done for getting it sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does! I hope I can keep up with it.

      Delete
  6. Any progress is good progress. Also, chipmunks make me smile too. This one has cute eyes. Yes, eating at home is way more economical!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.