Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Snowy

 After the ice yesterday came some more snow. This morning everywhere looked like a winter wonderland. We went out early for a walk so we could get out while the snow was still fresh. There wasn't a deep amount of it, but what fell was what snow that stuck to the trees and bushes coating everything with a lovely covering of white. I wore my ankle brace and it seemed to help my foot so I kept it on all day and I haven't had the usual bad stiffness and pain that I've been experiencing. I'm hoping this will really help. 

I Skyped with Mum. We chatted a little about days gone by. I love hearing her stories of growing up. We chatted about her paper round she used to do and how her Mum had a job that her Dad didn't know about! Mum said her mum used to go off early to the job (after her dad had gone to work) and would be home to make his meal at dinner time (lunch) as he came home from work for dinner. It's so interesting how things have changed!

I checked a couple of things off the list I made for things I wanted to get done this weekend so not all bad. We're supposed to get a little more snow tonight but not a lot. I'm hoping for a longer day out tomorrow so hopefully the roads won't be too bad. 

Photo today - a picture from our snowy walk. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! That does look like a winter wonderland! I'm sure it was cold, but, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like a winter wonderland, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh - look at that. So, so beautiful. Good enough for a Christmas card.
    Hope the roads are passable.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that photo - it has a hint of magic about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful photo. We have that frosty over everything and even very foggy this morning. My husband is charging his drone to fly over and get some pictures of our woods.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.