Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Thank You - and update

 Thank you so much for your comments on my news. Thank you also for the thoughts and prayers. My sister rang me this morning. Mum's other Covid test came back positive and they have moved her to the Covid ward. She is classed as stable - sister says no worse, but no better either. Sister did manage to speak to Mum and said that she sounded okay. Mum was worried about how my sister was feeling! It is just like her. Sister told her just to concentrate on getting better, that we need her around and we are all thinking of her and sending our love. The next assessment will be in the morning.

Sister said that she was feeling poorly though on the mend. Brother-in-law has no symptoms at all (but is positive) so he has been taking care of my sister. Because my other sister and her husband went to check on Mum on Monday they are now self-isolating. 

It's tough being so far away. I know that I wouldn't be able to do anything if I was there as there are no visits. I just feel so helpless.  Sister said Mum did know where she was but sister wasn't sure if they had told her what was wrong with her. I know Mum is really stubborn. She survived cancer 5 years back so we are all hoping she can beat this. Please keep her in your thoughts. 

I must admit that I did not get much done today. I did go for a walk to clear my head. I am going to make a list so that I can get things done tomorrow and take my mind off things. 

A photo I took of Mum the last time we were together. 

7 comments:

  1. I do hope all works out for your mum. It is so hard being so far away. Of course COVID has distanced us from everyone. It's just that you can't share in what's happening to family, that's what's hard. Wishing you the best. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mum looks like a very vibrant lady. I'm hoping that she will recover from the virus without any complications. I hope your sister will feel well, too. I know it is hard for you because you are so far away. But, like you say, there won't be much that you could do, even if you were there. Just take care of yourself and think positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She remains in my prayers, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely photo of your Mum. She's in my prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your mum continues to get well. There are lots of new treatments now they know more about the illness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How horrible for you and your family. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking good thoughts, for all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.