Pages

Friday, January 1, 2021

2021 - Create - My Word

 Happy New Year!

It was a happy, yet slightly tearful chat with Mum as we saw in the new year together. We are both hopeful that I will be able to go visit this year. She was glad she stayed up when the firework and light display came on. I didn't stay up for the US midnight ball drop. To be honest I just couldn't be bothered. Hubby had already gone to bed as he had been up since 4.30am for work and son was downstairs playing video games. I watched some of the New Year's Eve thing on the telly but it wasn't really that interesting so I went to be. 

This morning we managed to get out before the freezing rain started. We took a really cold walk along the beach. By the time we made it back into town the freezing rain had started. I spent my afternoon tidying and doing some crafting. 

I have chosen a word of the year this year. Create. I think I've picked this word before, but it really sums up what I want to accomplish this year. I am not doing a bunch of resolutions as once broken or a slip up occurs I tend to give in and give up. Instead I think that goals will help me plod along and, if I do slip up, I can get right back on the wagon and try again. 

Create :-

* A decluttered, tidy home. As we are spending more time at home I find myself wanting to get rid of things that don't make me happy. I am not purging everything and it won't be in huge chunks, but more a little at a time, manageable goals.

* Lists to help me with time management and to keep on track with goals. I have slipped on doing this, but I find they do really help. I want to get my time management under control this year as I find myself becoming distracted and not getting things done around the house that I want, instead I spend time on things that bring me joy. There's an imbalance here that does not make me happy. 

* Meal Plans. Slipped on this. I like meal plans, at least weekly plans that give me the option to switch things around. I find this helps with the food budget and it helps me not stress out about what's for dinner. I also need to plan more meals for me as I tend to just cook for the guys (they are meat-eaters) and I end up not eating very healthily. 

* Budget. I must admit this is not a strength of mine. There are places where we could save money. I know this. It's not about giving up everything, just being more aware of how I am spending money. 

* Crafts. I really enjoy doing all manner of crafting. Sometimes that means that things don't get used or I buy things for a project, put them aside and by the time I get around to them I've forgotten what the project was!  Last year I was pleased to work on some cross stitch projects that had been sitting around for a long time. I want to continue doing this. This crosses with time management as I tend to be watching birds or doing photography and not as many crafts. 

* Photos. This has really kept me going this past year. I find it really stress relieving. I find myself  losing time as I am walking talking photos or watching birds and taking photos. There are so many goals that I want to accomplish in my photography life this year that it will be a separate post once I've managed to get all my thoughts together. 

Seems a little bit garbled and I'm sure I've missed something, but I wanted to get some thoughts down. I think they all lead back to the Create Word though. 


12 comments:

  1. I like your word and how you based all your goals on that! I also like the journal page you created. Good luck with being able to create all the things you've planned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going into this year trying to think positively.

      Delete
  2. Sharon, that list could have been written by me. This year I am hoping to get the craft room organised and use as much as possible without buying new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my goals too but I am so tempted by nice looking journals and paper. It's really tough!

      Delete
  3. I think the key - really to accomplishing anything - is baby steps. You are right! You know how I am, I spent countless sleepless hours thinking on how I was going to declutter my buildings. Well, I took it one at a time. I only completed 1, but I walk out there and look at the organized space and it inspires me to move on to the next one this year. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the baby steps. I'm hoping that by making lists it will help. I do like seeing things written down. It is just a matter of getting into the routine of writing them down!

      Delete
  4. I like the goals you have set for yourself. Some of them match my own so am looking forward to seeing how you tackle the challenges. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall look forward to seeing how you manage yours too!

      Delete
  5. My list is much the same with the added one of losing weight and walking more. Wishing you a blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy walking. The weight loss, sigh. I would like to but I got tired of dieting most of my life. The good thing is that I haven't put on more - probably due to all the walking!

      Delete
  6. All your plans sound good. I'm not one to throw the baby out with the bathwater, so I call it whittling things down in the house. We have done a lot of whittling this year. Lot of stuff to FBM and the thrift ship, plus just given away. It feels good to be sorted. As you said we are spending a lot of time at home. Hope it does work out for you to visit your mum. I would like to go to visit my sister, but if I do probably later in the year. It's like the USA got a giant ankle bracelet put on it. They need to put a sock in it and get on with distributing these vaccinations, or we'll be here for another year. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! I hope you get to visit your sister!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.