Pages

Friday, January 15, 2021

Friday Again

 This week seemed to pass quite quickly! It's the weekend again! Yah! Not so good for my son who came home and told me that he has to work all weekend again. He worked nine hours each day this week and now this on top. It's quite physical work and being outside (sometimes) in the cold all day can be quite tiring. I think he would be okay working the Saturday but with Sunday as well he won't have a day off until (maybe) next weekend. He did the 20+ days in a row before Christmas and was hoping it was done. The only good news they did have this week is that because both husband and son do work in the Pfizer building they are taking sign ups for the vaccine. I suppose they want as many workers being protected as possible. 

I had quite a nice walk today. It had snowed/rained a little overnight and we thought that the paths may be even icier, but they weren't any worse than the day before. We both wear the ice thingys on the bottom of our boots so we didn't slip and slide. We did get to see one of the beavers again! Really exciting. We had just passed a woman who asked up what we had seen (nothing at that point) and said how much she enjoyed looking at my photos on the lake's Facebook page. Just after we passed her by we looked out to the lake and saw one of the beavers swimming near its lodge! We thought it was swimming to try to stop the ice from building up close to the lodges. A lot of the lake is iced over but by the lodges it has open water. 


It was quite the treat! 

I did do some clean-up in the craft room today. I have come to the reluctant conclusion that I shall have to do an honest sort out and get rid of a few things that I won't use. Sigh. I have lots of lovely things, but really I need to downsize as I am running out of space to put them. I shall have to work on this. It doesn't help that I always seem to see lovely things that I could make something with. The other day when I was in the dollar store I came across this lovely sticker set. It's so unusual to see anything with Mum on it that I just had to buy it. I know I shall use this. I can make Mum's mother day card with it. 


I'm not sure what we're up to tomorrow. Sunday - weather permitting - we are going up to a wastewater treatment plant. Yes, I know it sounds weird but there are birding paths there and supposedly lots of birds. You have to apply for a permit which I did the other day and it is ready to be picked up. I am SO excited to go!


6 comments:

  1. Oh, your poor son, having to work such long hours and no days off. I hope he is being well compensated! How lovely to spot the beaver, swimming! That's such a nice picture, too! Ah, yes, craft supplies! It's hard to downsize those, isn't it? How nice that you found the "Mum" stickers, though! One never knows what one might find in the dollar stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very long time to be working without a few days to rest and recuperate. I hope he will be OK.
    The sticker set is lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why we have Mums here and you have Moms there? Would be interesting to know why Mother changed to different things in two different countries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a treat to get to see the beaver and take the photo. Hope you have a good time on your walk tomorrow and get to see lots of different birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are the long hours etc. to do with covering illness or is it down to there not being enough staff. That's a lot of extra hours for your son to work. I hope he'll be okay.

    Love the photo of the beaver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rarely see beaver. However I know they are around down by the edge of our property there is a creek/brooke and up stream is a dam. I've not walked back that far, but my husband saw it while hunting. Our county "hosts" the landfill for several counties around us.."host"...ahaha. Anyway, it just happens to be within our township. Plus and minus to that. Anyway, they have a hiking path around it - acres and acres. The landfill put up lots of bird houses, etc. for birders. The parking lot always has cars in it even in winter. That's alot of hours for your son, good thing he is young. Have a productive week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.