Pages

Monday, February 5, 2024

A Sunny Start to Monday

My alarm had just gone off this morning when I heard the baby crying. I was barely awake when I opened the bedroom door and saw daughter coming up the stairs (her living room and kitchen along with another bedroom are on the same floor I'm staying on). It was time to express milk and the baby was fussing as she had wind/gas. Poor baby. She was also hungry. I took baby while daughter expressed milk and then went back to sleep for a little while. Baby A settled down as soon as she had her needs taken care of and we had a bit of a snuggle before she lay down for a bit - until it began all over again. Poor Baby A - she has lots of wind/gas and makes really loud noises! 

It's been a fussy sort of day for Baby A. She was pretty cheerful, but didn't settle easy. She did lay down on her playmat and made some lovely little sounds. She really does make me smile! 

The day flew by. Seems like it always does when Baby is around. They do take lots of energy. This will be my last full month with her. A part of me is looking forward to going home, but I shall miss seeing her every day. I told daughter and SIL they should go out for dinner a couple of times by themselves before I leave. We also want to get some meals prepped and put in the freezer before I leave so daughter will be able to pull something out quickly to cook. 

I'm off to bed now. I was hoping to get some crafting done - but it wasn't the case! Maybe soon. 

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 36/366

Sunrise - the view from the window as I left my bedroom 



Goodnight! 


7 comments:

  1. Lovely sunrise in the mirror. Poor little A - it's no fun being a baby with a tummy-ache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful sunrise!
    Oh, poor Baby A. Those gas/windy pains are so uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been a couple of lovely ones lately. She does seem to be quite uncomfortable when the pains come.

      Delete
  3. lay the baby on her back and move her legs up and down make a game of it, that sometimes moves the gas. Also rubbing her side up and down, either side, helps to move the gas. I remember doing that with one of the grands who was gassy. You can get stuff at the chemist for Colic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely likes the leg thing. It certainly seems to help a bit. Thanks so much for the tips! We have been giving her some drops and it does seem to help a bit.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.