Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Saturday

I was going to get up early and go take photos of the sunrise this morning. I was awake, but I just couldn't get moving that quickly and missed being out for sunrise. It was bloomin' cold anyway - only 14f (feeling like 1)/-9C (feeling like -17C). Yikes. I did go out for a little walk a bit later but it wasn't a long one as the wind picked up and made things feel even colder! 

Yesterday was quite tiring - probably the reason I couldn't get moving this morning! Baby A didn't have a good night Thursday night so daughter slept Friday morning while I looked after the baby, then she had to shower and go to her 6-week doctor appointment, so I had Baby A then too. By the time night came I was ready to roll into bed. 

Later in the afternoon, daughter and I had a shopping trip by ourselves! It was lovely just to be out and have a look around just the two of us. We had a nice afternoon and a bit of a nose around some charity shops. I did get a couple of things - groan. Mostly bird related lol. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be a little warmer. By that I mean it will be around 35F/2C lol. I'm not complaining as it is supposed to be sunny. There is some snow of the ground, but not a lot. If we don't do a lot else I'll probably get out by myself for a bit. I don't think I'll be getting up in the morning. I'm going to see if I can sleep a bit extra. 

A couple of phone photos from today 



This river is rarely frozen over. It's part of the wildlife refuge so I'm not sure if there is something in place to keep the water running. 


A bird blind on the trail. It's right by a large lake. I think I'll have to go back here and explore in the spring or summer when the lake is open water again. 



Not a great photo, but I find it funny when I see drainpipes with water frozen like this!

My phone photo - Things That Make Me Smile

47/366  - Baby A photo - I'm pretty sure she was smiling at me today. It could be my imagination and just be gas, but I like to think otherwise!

48/366



Just getting out made me smile. It was snowy and blowy, and I was the only one there, but it was lovey to be out in the sunshine. 

I hope everyone had a lovely Saturday. What did you get up to? Is it cold where you are? 

8 comments:

  1. -17 - oh, my goodness!!
    Yes, I did have a pleasant day, thanks. Gardening, creating delicious meals and chilling with my knitting, my Kindle and the TV. Very pleasant indeed. It's relatively mild round here.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lovely day. My sister says it's been quite mild in Ipswich. It is supposed to get warmer here this week.

      Delete
  2. I think babies smile a lot earlier than we are led to believe - that's my experience, anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think she did! She was happy and cooing and then smiled!

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos as always and I'm glad you got to go shopping with your daughter! It is no where as near cold over here and I attended a birthday party for my cousin's grandson on Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was nice to get out. I read about your party. It sounds as though you had a good time!

      Delete
  4. Oh I'm sure she was smiling. It was 4 degrees when I woke Saturday. Today it is 20. Right now I'm making a breakfast casserole for our Souper Sunday at Church. After that, we may run visit my MIL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's chilly again though I suppose, like here, you're supposed to warm up later in the week. That sounds yummy! Hope you manage to visit with MIL. I think my MIL is missing me being closer.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.